Misleading Policy- and no Refund

Asheesh2
Level 1
Boston, MA

Misleading Policy- and no Refund

I did canceled it well within 48 hours of booking, but still do not receive my full refund, there are clear two criteria for strict cancellation policy i.e.  
48 hours of booking AND 14 days before checking date ( with local time) 
Full refund should qualify. But only partial was refunded, anyone can read it clearly 48 hours of refund is from booking time and 14days from the checkin date and time. But after chasing a lot the agents are saying 48 hours is also from the checkin in time, which is beyond my understanding. Not sure who is holding money its AirBnB or Host, but certainly I will stay away from airbnb in future. 

image.png 
2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I am not quite sure what point you are trying to make.  '

In what way is it misleading.

It clearly shows on the information you provided yourself that the cancellation needs to be made 14 days BEFORE the hosts LOCAL check in time.

Airbnb holds your money until 24 hours after you check in.

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Asheesh2 "the agents are saying 48 hours is also from the checkin in time" -- that is totally wrong. Either you had the misfortune to encounter an incompetent CS rep (not unusual) or there was a miscommunication.  In either case, as you said and as @Helen3 says the policy is clear, to get a full refund you must cancel within 48 hours of booking AND at least 14 days before check-in. Did you cancel more than 14 days before check-in?  And did you cancel less than 48 hours after booking?  If the answer to both questions is "yes" then you are due a full refund, which happens automatically. But if the answer to either question is "no" then you are not due a full refund.