Missing payouts since 27th March 2022

Neil566
Level 2
PJ, Malaysia

Missing payouts since 27th March 2022

Hi, I'm Neil from Malaysia. We're superhost for many years and recently since the 27th March and we havent received our payout until today. We were on paypal initially and received a message saying : ' Your payout method isn't available, likely because of regulations for this region. ' So we added a payment method. New payment method was verified 6days ago but still not payout. We have contacted the Airbnb Help but no concrete answer was given onto why is this happening and when will we receive our payout. It is frustrating because we have many ongoing and upcoming clients to serve with expenses to cover, and we have no clue if we ever going to receive our payouts! 

Would like to know what can we do about it and is this affecting only us or other members as well? 

48 Replies 48
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Neil566 ! You're currently on the Community Center though your post is written like you meant to contact CS. If you want to contact CS, you can find how to do so here: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Guide-How-to-contact-Airbnb/m-p/1523731

Have you received your payout in the meantime? I suggest getting in touch with CS first, though please let us know how you get on!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Hi Sybe, we have contacted customer service but no concrete answer to why we are not able to use PayPal and no reassurance when we're able to receive our payouts! It's been 2 weeks! It's extremely frustrating why such a crucial part of the service like payouts would take such a long time to resolve! 

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Neil566 I can imagine that's frustrating, I'm so sorry to hear about that.

I'm sending this over to the team so they can update the case and look into it. Hopefully this way we can get a quick resolution for you and make sure those payouts arrive. They should be in touch with you soon and if I get any updates I'll let you know!

-----

Any updates? It's been almost 3 weeks now. They keep informing us to wait 48hours all the time!!! No explanation on why is our payout withheld! 

It is now six weeks since I was supposed to get paid for a 28 night stay that went smoothly and was my first booking ever and still I got nothing (what a 'wonderful' start)...

I am in touch with two Airbnb Customer Service representatives and two tickets are open and have been for around ten days and fifteen days respectively as well as no less than seven (!) tickets and representatives opened and spoken to by phone and messaging in past 5 weeks and closed with empty promises but still no solution.

I uploaded four payout methods so far (three international wire to bank accounts in two countries, Western Union, and I am more than happy to get paid by Google Pay but this option is not available to me and the Airbnb system isn't providing any reason why that is.

Each and every payout method I uploaded was/is verified and approved by the system (!) but CS keeps telling me there is a glitch in the Airbnb system and I must wait patiently and that their technical team is looking into it bla bla bla.

I am gathering evidence for 5 weeks already by recording all the conversations I have with CS representatives and taking screen shots of all the correspondence.

I also disabled the automatic booking facility which is a lose lose situation but I refuse to accept new reservations for a 400 square meter property with hefty utility bills if I don't get paid (I refuse to commit financial suicide in return for promises)...

I know going to court against Airbnb is next to impossible especially me being outside the US but I will expose them for their unacceptable conduct thanks to my team member who is very talented and tech savvy and will compile a YouTube video that will cause Airbnb a lot more financial damage via bad publicity on YouTube than the utility they get from holding 2,133 USD owed to me for a few months... 

There is no use in posting a screen shot of the conversation with CS in this forum because it will be deleted anyway by the Airbnb thought police agents but I am sure you get the picture already...

You shouldn't in my humble opinion declare issues 'resolved' and marlin g them green seeing they are not...

I did not declare resolved.. I was brought into the resolved button by an email suggestion. Once I clicked it, I have no option to unclick it! 

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Please keep us updated.

Some people actually care about basic justice and fair play (unlike the Airbnb system that bangs the drum of a fake community but only seems to care about the Airbnb share price. That is typical of corporate America)...

Hi Sybe, any update from your side? We have been getting push around to every customer service agent every 48hours.. and still no answer and payouts. We are entering the 4th week now..

Hi Neil566,

I took the liberty to attach a screenshot of part of our conversation to a conversation with an Airbnb CS representative and guess what?

He is moving my case to someone else (now it will be the eighth or nineth customer service guy/girl that look into my case 😂😂😂).

Imagine how much money they are wasting in salaries to have these CS employees call and write to say the same empty promises and lame excuses when they can just fix the glitches on their notoriously hopeless website and even worst app.

It is the height of absurdity but tells a lot about where the morally and financially bankrupt Western world is heading (not to a good place I should think)...

@Neil566 @Piotr48 @Sybe 

- - Update : Today is the 50th day and I still didn't get paid.

The same lame excuse is given about 'technical issues' and Airbnb is of course 'terribly sorry' (but not 'terribly' enough to send me even 100 USD in emergency funds seeing it is their fault I am left hanging in a foreign country for almost two months without a cent!

**[Private conversation removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Summit-View0 I understand that this is frustrating especially given your current situation. I've sent you a DM so we can chat a bit more. 🙂

-----

@Sybe @Piotr48 @Neil566 

I am driven to despair by Airbnb.

They ignore me completely.

My three verified payout methods in my payout methods (a bank account in my name in the Republic of Georgia, a bank account in a team member's name in India and Western Union in my name to recieve 1,800 USD as part payment for the thousands of dollars owed to me by Airbnb.

I am currently staying in another Airbnb as a guest.

I am supposed to leave this Airbnb but am unable to go anywhere because for 48 days I am not paid and because I haven't been to Armenia since more than four months and am UNABLE to use online banking because the bank I am with in Armenia is VTB and it is under sanctions.

For the past 50 days I survive by money I get from Western Union from my relatives and friends but I ran thousands of USD in debt and can no longer continue this way nor operate my business.

Because Airbnb Customer Service ignores me (despite that I am perfectly civil) I face two options;

#1 commit suicide

#2 carry my belongings to to the empty plot next to the Airbnb I am staying in as a guest and sleep on the ground as a homeless person.

There is a 95% chance I will be robbed of my belongings if I sleep on the empty plot tonight.

Airbnb has no empathy and DOES NOT care nor provide solutions.

All the talk about community cohesion is a lot of hot air.

I will never forgive and never forget what Airbnb did to me !

I will send you the pics of the plot I will sleep in tonight.

@Sybe @Piotr48 @Neil566 

I will sleep on the streets tonight because Airbnb ignores me for the ninth day and doesn't send me what is lawfully due to me.

If I get robbed, killed, injured or sexually abused tonight it will be Airbnb's fault and if I am still around I will sue Airbnb in a court of law.

If I am not around any longer after this dreadful experience it will be my mum in Australia who will sue Airbnb for millions of dollars.

This is my final cry for help (Sybe, do NOT ignore me !)