Moving from outsourcing all hosting responsibilities to hosting myself.

Helen31
Level 2
Royston, United Kingdom

Moving from outsourcing all hosting responsibilities to hosting myself.

Hi All

A friend of mine has just started hosting. She decided to go with using an agency to outsource everything - cleaning, marketing, property maintenance etc etc. as she does not live close. However, after just one booking and a couple of minor maintenance issues, she believes it is an error. They have been absolutely appalling. She now wants to give them 30 days notice and manage the bookings herself but find a new company for just the cleaning and maintenance side of things. However, she has had one booking in June and doesn't know whether she'll lose it or how it will work. Will the booking simply be transferred to her? How would this be done?

If anyone has been through something similar it would be great to hear the best way of dealing with this. 

Many thanks

Helen

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Helen31 Did your friend allow the agency to create the listing or were they co-hosts on her listing. If the former then it is a real mess that I can't see an easy solution to unless the agency maintain the booking and pass the money to your friend while your friend starts a new listing and blocks that week.

Helen31
Level 2
Royston, United Kingdom

Thank you for this. I shall forward your reply on to her. I am not sure how it was set up. She may well have to forego this one booking in order to get out of this arrangement.