NEW SUPER-HOST FROM NJ

Answered!
Mariely6
Level 2
Jersey City, NJ

NEW SUPER-HOST FROM NJ

I am so happy to finally earn the super host status. It’s been quick a journey since purchasing our first home. I have put my all into this home and to have guests respond to the likeness and the enjoyment of being in my home is what make me happy and knew I made the right choice by making my unit an SRT. Check out my page at https://www.airbnb.com/h/unionstchateau

1 Best Answer

Welcome to the wonders of Airbnb and the wide variety of hosts. Your "chateau" looks wonderful.    My wife and I have been active for about 4 years.   We accept one-day reservations.  During the high season, we require a weekend two-night stay.   We don't mind the one nighters.    We find that the cleaning is easier than a multi-day stay.   We do have "on call" cleaning if we need it.   It takes us at most 1.5 hours to do a full cleaning.  (Thank you robot vacuums!)  We have checkout instructions that clearly indicate what we would like the guest to do.  We have only had three times that a guest did not help us with the cleanup.  (200+)   We also believe one factor is the development of a personal relationship with the guest.   Our cabin creates an "experience" environment.   There is a lot of home automation going on that our guests really enjoy.  It is a good reason to chat with them before their visit.    By the way, there are many opinions on having smart home automation in your listing.  For ours, the guest can use it or not.  We have yet to have a guest that didn't like it.  (take a look at the light show on the website pictures.)  We have a country environment for guests to enjoy and you may have a city environment.  Either is conducive to being innovative. Our next step is to have an autostart video on the TV when repeat guests arrive.  (We are now between 20-25 percent returning guests)   Have fun and enjoy your guests.  Hugh   www.airbnb.com/h/brae-cabin

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Mariely6 Congratulations - Just one thought - Allowing 1 night stays may mean you rapidly get sick of cleaning. I would have a min 2 night stay if I were you!

Hi Mike-And Jane0,

Thank you for your providing your input. I do agree with you that it can be time consuming when having to clean a one night stay. Due to the competition in New York/New Jersey, it be a little tough. So far, my stay has been 2 nights-6 night stay. But, I will definitely try the minimum stay of 2 night to avoid the excessive cleaning….

Thank you, 

Mariely

Welcome to the wonders of Airbnb and the wide variety of hosts. Your "chateau" looks wonderful.    My wife and I have been active for about 4 years.   We accept one-day reservations.  During the high season, we require a weekend two-night stay.   We don't mind the one nighters.    We find that the cleaning is easier than a multi-day stay.   We do have "on call" cleaning if we need it.   It takes us at most 1.5 hours to do a full cleaning.  (Thank you robot vacuums!)  We have checkout instructions that clearly indicate what we would like the guest to do.  We have only had three times that a guest did not help us with the cleanup.  (200+)   We also believe one factor is the development of a personal relationship with the guest.   Our cabin creates an "experience" environment.   There is a lot of home automation going on that our guests really enjoy.  It is a good reason to chat with them before their visit.    By the way, there are many opinions on having smart home automation in your listing.  For ours, the guest can use it or not.  We have yet to have a guest that didn't like it.  (take a look at the light show on the website pictures.)  We have a country environment for guests to enjoy and you may have a city environment.  Either is conducive to being innovative. Our next step is to have an autostart video on the TV when repeat guests arrive.  (We are now between 20-25 percent returning guests)   Have fun and enjoy your guests.  Hugh   www.airbnb.com/h/brae-cabin

Hi @Hugh81 ,

Thank you so much. I agree with you having that built a personal relationship with your guest it what I believe guest really appreciate. Your cabin looks amazing and I love the lights. 

Best,

Mariely 

Thank you Mariely!  i doubt if a bunch of lasers shining off your balcony would be appreciated in NYC.  Come down to TN sometime.  We make deals with Superhost certificates.  The night stay matches the amount of the certificate.  A way to trade and experience someone else.  

@Mariely6 if you want a different min stay depending on season you can switch on pro-tools in your account and then use rulesets to define what dates you want what min stay.

Thank you so much , I really appreciate the information. 

Best,

Mariely

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hey @Mariely6 ,

Congratulations 🥳  and kudos to your efforts to give an enjoyable experience to your guests. 🎉 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Emmanuel1362
Level 2
Nsukka, Nigeria

Hello,

I am writing to indicate interest for a co-host position. With 1 year of hospitality experience and a passion for creating memorable experiences, I am confident in my ability to exceed guest expectations. I possess excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and a genuine love for hosting. I would be thrilled to contribute to the growth and success of your company. Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,
Emmanuel