New Airbnb Feature : Teams

Answered!
Ben551
Level 10
Wellington, New Zealand

New Airbnb Feature : Teams

Greetings ~

I may have missed the announcement on this, but yesterday morning I noticed a new feature called “Teams” roll out on the Airbnb App. It looks like it is intended to allow hosts to invite other parties to help manage listings (i.e. cleaners or property managers). Most people do this via other apps like Smartbnb or (the free one) YourPorter, but it looks like Airbnb wants in on this action.

It also seems to allow hosts to completely customise the permissions for each team member!

This is actually quite good because not all hosts have “equal” arrangements with a cohost. Some don’t want co-hosts to be able to amend pricing, others do... this new feature allows full control over who does what, plus communication to the team.

E0D13781-07CA-457D-9210-8A9DB59BE4BE.jpeg2BBE6266-DFAC-41F8-9D68-0F5C94986C3F.jpeg

1 Best Answer
Helen267
Level 10
St. Andrews, United Kingdom

I think the team feature would be so so so valuable to me - as a remote host of a single entire property that is serviced by a cleaning company - if only I could get it to work!

It would be great to give the cleaners ability to view my calendar and guest correspondence, without them being able to view the financial details or have the power to accept or decline guests.

I am testing this on my husband to makes sure it works before getting the cleaners involved,  and I'm really struggling. I have removed my husband as co host and added him as a team member, but I can't get the team function to work for him at all. I'll give it 24 hours and try again.

Anyone else had this?

View Best Answer in original post

66 Replies 66
Yvonne132
Level 2
The Hague, Netherlands

I used to see the future. Unfortunately, I can no longer find this future on my account, does anybody maybe know why this is? 

I am having the same issue.  If I log on to another owner's account (for whom I'm a co-host), I see it on his account but not on mine.  I am a little afraid to use it eve if CS figures out how to put the tab back on to my account because it seems there are still a lot of bugs!

I cant get it to work either, agents dont know anything about it, logged a ticket and no response. Pitiful and the function is badly needed, 

Jeff320
Level 2
Northfield, NJ

Love the idea of this feature.  The issue is I dont see a way I can assign each of the employees in teams to specific properties. WIthout doing that they will bump into each other

Do you know if there is a way?

But I have team members each one manage different listings, seems team cannot assign listings to different team member,  so that everyone will see all of the listings.

David1719
Level 2
Frýdek-Místek, Czech Republic

Its Very good job

Hi there, I have 3 emails (3 accounts) and I would like to add a team member for all of 3 but I can´t. Do you know if this is possible at all? Only makes sense for me if same person could interact with different accounts.