New Policy put into place

Cathy864
Level 2
Brewster, MA

New Policy put into place

I just  received a letter from Arbnb explaining the new policy that will be going into effect. Stating this will support and enhance the (host) experience.

The new policy now allows a guest to stay in a property for THREE days, prior to issuing a complaint. Possibly longer almost half a week stay.

The host will then need to refund all or part of the guests payment if they deem it unacceptable. I can understand a guest may not have all the information about a space and seeing it in person. It maybe conflicted in what they believed they were signing for. However I am fairly certain what ever problems that the guest may have. I believe would come up within 24hrs.....in at least TWO days.

If the guest's is unhappy Arbnb will provide another property refund them. The host is then loose a week or more payment.

However Arbnb does not offer the same accountability to the host. After THREE days if the host feels the tenants are not what they had expected and are created problems. Arbnb should remove the tenants and replace them with proper guests.

Moving onto the new security deposit- As a host we were able to determine the amount of deposit required. Based on our knowledge and home value of property. That has been removed and the host no longer has control of the security deposit for their property?

I had a family move in I allow a well maintained dog. They came with a cat 3 dogs and a parrot! I was able to have them removed (without Arnb's help)

The damage was unbelievable. New rugs, chair covers on and on. It was close to impossible to receive reimbursement from Arbnb. Despite photo's and receipts. 

I am not certain how the new policy is supporting the host's?

4 Replies 4
Daniel420
Level 2
New York, NY

I have been concerned about the same thing. Our home has many expensive pieces and it would be really bad if we had a bad guest.

I am hopeful others will opine on this issue so we can all learn.

Katie340
Level 1
Chiddingly, United Kingdom

Shocking , 72 hours , some may have had their free ride by then !! 

Coastal-Waves0
Level 2
Galveston, TX

As a property manager, we are pulling all our properties off AirBnB 

Ella4855
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

I agree, Airbnb is absolutely  turning hist properties  into the harbor for scams, and offer no protection to hosts. Our building will restrict guests from airbnb due to numerous rule violations and scams.