New Verified Host Program and Badge

Andrea-and-Glenn0
Level 10
Mill Bay, Canada

New Verified Host Program and Badge

We are wondering if there is any update on the new Verified Host Program that was announced months ago that was supposed to be up and running at the end of 2020?

We were extensively interviewed, had a long zoom meeting with video of our Cottage and all its amenities, and now haven’t seen or heard a word about this new Program since. Have I missed something, is the Program delayed? I was told we were part of the “Pilot Project” that was being rolled out and that 100% of all listings eventually would be done.

Any help here? @Colleen253 

Thanks/Andrea & Glenn

6 Replies 6
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Why don't you contact the people at Airbnb who interviewed you and see what they say @Andrea-and-Glenn0 

How is this different from how Airbnb verify hosts currently?

@Helen3 Unfortunately I don’t have the contact details any longer from the person who conducted the video meeting and video verification of our Cottage. 

You asked, “How is this different?” Our understanding was it was a new initiative that all current and new AirBnb hosts would be asked to do. We certainly did not provide a video or have an extensive online interview when we first signed up as a host. 

Im guessing you and your listing have not been video verified yet or you would be aware of the initiative. 

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Thanks @Andrea-and-Glenn0 

No I haven't - been a superhost for five years.

I did see Airbnb state they were doing this and would be in contact with hosts but then never heard anything more 😁

Andrea-and-Glenn0
Level 10
Mill Bay, Canada

Clare167
Level 10
United Kingdom

I think that the answer is in the article - the project would be very expensive. They are doing the cheap bit, asking guests a few questions after the stay. I answered some after my last stay, then thought, why am I so conformist, probably won't do so again. @Andrea-and-Glenn0 @Helen3 

Nelson15
Level 2
Athens, GA

I here you, @Andrea-and-Glenn0 ! I went through the whole video interview and walk-through as well. i eventually made my own little "badge" thinking it would come to fruition eventually. Oh well...  prob ought to remove it at this point? https://www.airbnb.com/h/nelson-wells-house-athens