New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Hello everyone! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome to the Community Center! ๐Ÿ‘‹  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula and @Rebecca   and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling๐Ÿšฒ, playing footballโšฝ, and travelling๐ŸŒ . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika ๐ŸŒ I was born in Gujarat, India ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ , and shifted to Toronto, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ last year! ๐Ÿ“ท I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. ๐ŸŒ† When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด and currently living in British Columbia, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance ๐Ÿ’ƒ) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries ๐ŸŒŽ and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking ๐Ÿšฒ and hiking ๐Ÿ”.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist ๐ŸŒฟ and like to minimise my impact on the planet ๐ŸŒŽ as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming ๐ŸŒŠ yoga on the beach ๐Ÿง˜โ€ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! ๐Ÿ™Œ 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

2,494 Replies 2,494
Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Odiase0 fellow Londoner here! ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿฝ How are you finding it settling up North? Do you miss the hustle and bustle of London? ๐Ÿ˜…

-----

Hi@sophia yeah I miss the London hustle and bustle ๐Ÿคฃwish I could come back but we will see what happensโ€ฆhow is business going down there?you loving it ๐Ÿ˜Š 

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Odiase0
I wish you the very best of luck, I hope settling goes well! ๐Ÿคž๐ŸฝI'm not a Host, I'm a Community Manager for the Community Center ๐Ÿ˜Ž 

-----

Im a new host in Burbank, CA!

OOPS! I'm new and posted my first post in the wrong area!  ...but I would love to see London some day! lol

me too ๐Ÿ™‚

Regina989
Level 2
Colorado Springs, CO

Hello! I'm Regina in Colorado and I have been hosting since 2017.  I love hosting because I've met some of the most wonderful people throughout the years. Learning about my guests and sharing ideas of fun things to fit their needs is one of my favorites!  I love when they share their stories about how much they love a place I've recommended!  I also love LOVE to sing!  On a few occasions, I've even been able to have jam sessions with my guests!  SO MUCH FUN! 

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey hey @Regina989, I love the positivity you're radiating! ๐Ÿ˜ Sharing ideas of things to do that caters with the Guests needs is a valuable skill to have! ๐Ÿ˜Ž My solo jam sessions only happen in the bathroom or when I'm cleaning ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐ŸŽค๐ŸŽถ

-----

Yes!  Solo jam sessions while cleaning, or long drives, or anytime you're in the zone!  I totally feel ya  ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚  

Angela3707
Level 1
Maple Falls, WA

Hello, 

I am Angela (co-host/assistant cleaner).. I am exploring the app as I just got added as a co-host yesterday.  I hope it is ok to say hello here? I my fiancee and I clean for an amazing host in The Pacific Northwest, US. Neither of us expected cleaning a short term rental to be "the thing" we actually enjoy and would want to do full time but now we are looking into business licensing, setting up a work account, researching products and proper supplies, and perusing reference/tutorials for tips and techniques that may make us more efficient while ensuring that the guests at our hosts Air BNB. Enter a noticeably clean space each and  every booking. We are hoping to find 1-2 more  to take on locally in the future and maybe one day have our own rental to host.  We enjoy camping trips,  family time with our 7 year old playing with our hobby grade RC cars, BBQs, music, and video games. 

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Angela3707, Welcome! ๐ŸŽ‰ Of course it's okay to say hello! ๐Ÿ˜„
Best of luck with getting that all sorted out so you can start your journey ๐Ÿ˜Ž

If you have any questions, please feel free to create a conversation. I'm sure many fellow Hosts will have lots of advice to share ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----

Welcome Angela! I'm a new AirBnb host in Long Beach, WA. Is your cleaning business in my area by chance? ๐Ÿ˜ƒ TC

Many thanks 

my name is Victoria 

I am a new host, I in search of cleaner in Ipswich area uk, please kindly get intoch if you have any idea of cleaner in the area 

thanks 

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Victoria2045, Welcome to the CC! ๐ŸŽ‰

You can join the nearest Local Host Club to connect with fellow hosts local to your area. You can share your experiences, exchange valuable knowledge and get advice. Here's the link where you can join: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Local-Host-Clubs/ct-p/en_clubs

Local Hosts might know some first-hand trustworthy companies or people to help you with all that! ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----