New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Elisa  and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

@Elisa : I was born in Italy 🇮🇹 and as a lover of unique experiences—from exploring the streets of Rome🇮🇹 , Paris 🇫🇷, and Toronto 🇨🇦 to appreciating timeless art and cuisine—I'm here to blend the old with the new. 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

3,236 Replies 3,236

We are David and Angela from the mountains in western North Carolina, USA. We love traveling and experiencing different places.  We enjoy new cultures and meeting new people.  We both volunteer for numerous organizations.  Glad to be part of this group and looking forward to meeting new people and going new places.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @David-And-Angela4, thank you so much for sharing your presentation with our community.

In our 👉Community Cafe board, Hosts often share experiences about their hobbies and other activities. Would you be interested in sharing more about your volunteer activities there? We also have a thread here where Hosts have been discussing their volunteer experiences. It would be wonderful if you could join the discussion and add your insights.

All the best,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Yesenia106
Level 1
Charleston, SC

Hi, my name is Yesenia from south Carolina. I been a host for 6 months now and so far its been a wonderful learning experience as a host. In 2024 I hope to learn to be a better host and have a successful Airbnb business.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Yesenia106, welcome to the Airbnb Community Center.

I'm glad to hear about the great experiences you've had in your six months of hosting ❣️

In our community, there's a fantastic board titled 👉Ask About Your Listing, where both new and experienced Hosts come together to share tips on enhancing their listings through 👉Critique My Listing threads. Would you be interested in joining this initiative?

All the best,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Vasundhara4
Level 2
Bengaluru, India

Hello Airbnb Community! 

I’m Vasundhara Babu, an Architect from Mysuru, Karnataka - India. 

I have recently received the super host badge after being a host for 3 months, very excited to upskill my passion to be a host. 

The place where I hail from is a very beautiful city which is  located with in 2 hrs of drive from Bengaluru (a metro city). Mysuru is also called as “Palace city”  because of the number of palaces that exist in the city till today, which stands majestically serving as an example for time tested history. 

Mysuru palace is one of the most visited places in India, one can feel the rich heritage of the Wodeyars ( The kings of Mysuru) and their endeavours during their reign. 

The KRS Dam, Brindavan Gardens - The Reservoir constructed during the reign of his highness Shri Krishnadevaraja Wodeyar. The water stored here is serving as a life line for most part of Karnataka. 

Mysuru Dasara has its international presence and attract tourists during this season, during the Navarathri festival the whole city will be decorated and lit, this 10 day celebration will call for people across the globe to be a spectator of 400 year old ritual. 

A rich heritage, the palace and its timeless beauty, wide roads, beautiful gardens, refreshing lakes and kind people will make you fall in love with the place. 

please do visit our place next time when you are here in mysuru, lets explore the city together! 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Vasundhara4thank you so much for sharing your presentation with us, and congratulations on earning the Superhost badge 🎊

Would you be willing to share some pictures of Mysuru, Karnataka in response to this message? It sounds like a dreamy place.

Also, please feel free to start a  New conversation here , sharing experiences and tips with our amazing Host community. 

All the best,

-----

Amer774
Level 2
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Hello everyone! Excited to join the Airbnb Community. I’m Amer from Dubai , and I love exploring new places and meeting new people. Looking forward to sharing experiences and tips with all of you! 🌍✈️

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Amer774we are thrilled to have you here.

Please feel free to start a  New conversation here , sharing experiences and tips with our amazing host community. I am sure they will be helpful to many new Hosts.

All the best, 

-----

Amer774
Level 2
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Thank you so much for the warm welcome! I'm excited to be part of this wonderful community and look forward to sharing experiences and tips with fellow hosts. All the best to you too!

Hi. I'm from NY, born and bred. I'm new to the Airbnb community.  I just had my first guest. My property is located in Allentown,  Pennsylvania. Like many people, I love traveling, meeting friendly people and doing things I only read about in books or see on TV. 

Hello Everyone!

Me and my wife we are interior designers in Bulgaria and decided to make a guest house in the region of Starosel. There is something mystical and calm, its full of ancient history, its right there when then plains reach the mountain and the river into our yard. Just breathtaking.And all this lead us to Airbnb ❤️

Nina1668
Level 1
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Hello, my name is Nina, I'm from Scotland. I manage some airbnb's in the UK and I absolutely love my job. Mainly because I can do it anywhere. My main hobbies include hiking, skiing, sailing, swimming, usually joined by my dog Fin.

David11550
Level 2
Juja, Kenya

Hi Everyone, 

My name is David ngare, i am a kenyan citizen and am new here, i was a school teacher before relocating to the USA where i studied mental health counseling, back here in Kenya am working to help young adults who are struggling with behaviors. I have previously traveled to the UK under the British council schools reciprocal visits, i was a master trainer with the British council program ict integration into teaching and learning 

But am here today introducing  myself as a new AIRBNB host, am looking  forward to learn from this wonderful community members 

Mayra256
Level 2
Montevideo, Uruguay

Hello my name is Mayra, I am from Uruguay! I have listed my first property in Uruguay, and I am looking forward to contribute to this community.

Thank you in advance

Hello, I live in the Yorkshire Dales, UK and have been a host for a year. We love sharing this special place with visitors and spend a lot of our time working on the garden surrounding it. I am also a sustainable cut flower grower. I would love to have more time to visit some other destinations.