New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Hello everyone! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome to the Community Center! ๐Ÿ‘‹  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Elisa  and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling๐Ÿšฒ, playing footballโšฝ, and travelling๐ŸŒ . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika ๐ŸŒ I was born in Gujarat, India ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ , and shifted to Toronto, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ last year! ๐Ÿ“ท I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. ๐ŸŒ† When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด and currently living in British Columbia, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance ๐Ÿ’ƒ) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries ๐ŸŒŽ and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking ๐Ÿšฒ and hiking ๐Ÿ”.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist ๐ŸŒฟ and like to minimise my impact on the planet ๐ŸŒŽ as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming ๐ŸŒŠ yoga on the beach ๐Ÿง˜โ€ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! ๐Ÿ™Œ 

@Elisa : I was born in Italy ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น and as a lover of unique experiencesโ€”from exploring the streets of Rome๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น , Paris ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท, and Toronto ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ to appreciating timeless art and cuisineโ€”I'm here to blend the old with the new. 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

3,236 Replies 3,236
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Pauline964,

Welcome to our community. How has your first year as a Host been? ๐Ÿ˜Š

Please feel free to start a โญ New conversation here โญ, sharing experiences and tips with our amazing Host community. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hello everyone and thanks for the welcome!   I am originally from Bolivia, lived in USA since a small child,   Lived in Washington DC area and Southern California.  I am an entrepreneur, passionate about protecting our planet earth, love traveling, reading books and definitely I am a movie buff.  I love building and/or partaking from  existing communities geared to helping one another.  

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Anna14944, welcome to our community,

In our ๐Ÿ‘‰Community Cafe board, Hosts often share experiences about their hobbies and other activities. Would you be interested in sharing more about your work with other communities there?

All the best,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Mayqualida0
Level 2
Willemstad, Curaรงao

Hi all, I am from Curacao, and just started hosting last year in May. I love this journey, meeting people from around the world, and hosting and showcasing my lovely island art culture and of course the Beaches and the up and underwater activities. I love and work in the Museums and Cultural / art world. Thanks fore this Community space where we all can learn al lot more.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Mayqualida0.

Welcome to our community, and thank you for joining us ๐Ÿ˜Š

I've heard that Curacao is a paradise. What is the best time of year to visit?

Please feel free to start a โญ New conversation here โญ, sharing experiences and tips with our amazing Host community. 

-----

Leo4009
Level 1
Guadalajara, Mexico

I am Leo I am from the UK originally I have now lived in Mexico for over 10 years I have really settled and really enjoyed it.. I have been hosting for nearly two years now in GDL, due to its location it has been harder than expected, but it is an amazing city with many things to do.. I feel I have a unique perspective being from Europe and living here in Mexico 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Leo4009, we are thrilled to have you here ๐Ÿ˜Š

I once visited Guadalajara and I really liked the place. What would be the top 3 activities to do there?

Also, please feel free to start a โญ New conversation here โญ, sharing experiences and tips with our amazing Host community. 

All the best,

-----

Leo4009
Level 1
Guadalajara, Mexico

I would say GDL itself is a bit limited but does have nice parks and very green areas which is quite strange in a large metropolitan area, the only place I know this to be the case I London..But we also have tequila which is around 30-40 minutes away from GDL which is a great place to visit and you can see how they make tequila(They have trains and busses which go which is an amazing experience) and then we also have the lake of Chapla which is certainly nice to visit and it is amazing lake so I would say the 1. Parks 2.Tequila 3. Chapla 

Pascale726
Level 1
Houyet, Belgium

Hello,

I am Pascale, my rented house is in Belgium in a small village called Wanlin. We started hosting in last (late) november. Apparently people looks like loving our house because we already have 12 request since the beginning of this january.

We (my husband Sebastien and I) would like to talk with other host from different places to have their advices and impressions.

Hope to talk with you soon.

Pascale

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Pascale726 Welcome! ๐ŸŽ‰ Sounds like you'll be quite busy hosting ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

If you have any questions, please feel free to create a conversation asking the wider community here: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/forums/postpage/choose-node/true I'm sure many fellow Hosts will have lots of advice to share!

-----

Neil716
Level 2
Portland, OR

Thank you @Rebecca for getting me to this community.

Hello, I'm Neil. I live in Portland, Oregon and a first time host. We bought a property on the Oregon Coast in Lincoln City, OR. Looking forward to learning from all the experienced hosts here in this community.

Thanks

Neil

Anderson299
Level 2
Everett, MA

Hello

I am Anderson, full blood Brazilian living in Massachusetts, United States. I have been an Airbnb host for the past 5 years. I love traveling the world and explore places, new cuisines and making new friends.

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Anderson299, sounds like you'll have a wealth of knowledge! I do hope you share your experiences and advice with the wider community ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----

Sommer14
Level 2
Round Rock, TX

Hi I'm Sommer and I have had our Airbnb for about 7 months now.  I have had a property manager thus far and am now trying my hand at property management.  Glad to join this group to learn as much as possible about hosting with Airbnb.

Vivian1391
Level 2
Kristiansand, Norway

Hei. Jeg er fra Norge, og har leid ut vรฅr leilighet et par sommersesonger nรฅ. 
Jeg jobber som lรฆrer pรฅ videregรฅende skole, og liker รฅ reise, sove ute i telt eller hengekรธye minst en gang i mรฅneden รฅret rundt. I tillegg er jeg vinterbader (bader i sjรธen รฅret rundt, hver uke) og liker รฅ lese spennende bรธker. Pรฅ fritiden drar vi pรฅ hytta vรฅr pรฅ fjellet eller ved sjรธen. Vi er superheldige som har disse mulighetene! Jeg gleder meg til รฅ leie ut til nye, hyggelige og spennende gjester nรฅ i sommer.