New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Elisa  and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

@Elisa : I was born in Italy 🇮🇹 and as a lover of unique experiences—from exploring the streets of Rome🇮🇹 , Paris 🇫🇷, and Toronto 🇨🇦 to appreciating timeless art and cuisine—I'm here to blend the old with the new. 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

3,236 Replies 3,236

Today is my third day of hosting. So far so good.

Thanks Paula

Hi my name is Brinda.  I’ve lived in Missouri most of my life.  I traveled all over the USA with my job. I stayed in many one room hotels with a microwave oven and tv  I had a dream of offering people a fun, comfortable place to stay.  Last year after retiring I opened the Air BnB   I really enjoy traveling but I’m always happy to get back to St Louis

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Brinda14

How has your experience been so far? How is this season shaping up for you? Is it a vibrant or calm hosting period?

Keep us posted

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

John8389
Level 2
Chester Basin, Canada

Hi my name is John. I’m from Chester Basin Nova Scotia. We are a retired couple and planned on retiring here for past 30 years. We are lovers of nature and the outdoors. Blessed to find a log cabin on a lake with a separate art studio and workshop. Plus a small cottage that we Airbnb for last 2 years.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @John8389, thank you for your presentation.

It would be amazing if you could share some pictures of the lake view. 😍

How has your experience with Airbnb been so far? Please feel free to start a 👉New conversation here to share ideas, tips, or ask questions to our experienced Hosts.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Jamie1288
Level 2
San Diego, CA

Hello everyone. My name is Jamie Ferguson. I grew up in Massachusetts in the US. I now live in San Diego, California. I have extensive travel experience. I have rented Airbnb all over the world. I am new to hosting so any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Jamie1288, welcome to our community.

As a new Host, you might have some questions or comments, so please feel free to start a New conversation here ,  asking any questions you have. I am sure our lovely Hosts will be more than happy to share their opinions.

All the best,

-----

Ritu83
Level 1
Gurugram, India

Hey there , 

I am Ritu from Gurgaon India . I new to this community and looking forward to move ahead with like minded. I love music & travelling .  Lets share the experiences and grow together on this platform.  

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Ritu83, Welcome to our Community Center,

How has your experience with Airbnb been so far? Please feel free to start a 👉New conversation here to share ideas, tips, or ask questions to our experienced Hosts.

Regards,

-----

Tingting19
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

I'm originally from London and I love to travel but never find the time. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Tingting19, a warm welcome to our community.

Are you currently hosting? How has your journey been?

Keep us posted.

-----

Kimberly1238
Level 2
Jacksonville, FL

Hello Community!

I am Kimberly Stephens and I live in Jacksonville, Florida in the USA.

My family started staying in a little cabin by the Itchetucknee River over a decade ago and we fell in love with the place. The owners decided to sell and now it is mine!

The property is special because the house is very cozy and quaint and feels like home. It is a five minute walk to the clearest most beautiful river in Florida and privately accessed so no crowds. The property has 2 acres of open space for kids and dogs to run free and play; something city kids don't get to experience these days. It is nothing fancy, but very comfortable. It is perfect for families with kids and dogs who want to relax, disconnect, and heal their souls.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Kimberly1238, thank you so much for sharing your introduction.

I would like to invite you to share some tips with our wonderful community by starting a 👉New conversation here.

I am sure your expertise will greatly benefit many new Hosts 😊

-----

The Airbnb site was super helpful at getting set up. Researching for the state and local licenses and registrations is important and not hard really. Creating an LLC to handle all income and expenses is a must for tax time.