New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Hello everyone! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome to the Community Center! ๐Ÿ‘‹  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Elisa  and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling๐Ÿšฒ, playing footballโšฝ, and travelling๐ŸŒ . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika ๐ŸŒ I was born in Gujarat, India ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ , and shifted to Toronto, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ last year! ๐Ÿ“ท I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. ๐ŸŒ† When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด and currently living in British Columbia, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance ๐Ÿ’ƒ) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries ๐ŸŒŽ and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking ๐Ÿšฒ and hiking ๐Ÿ”.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist ๐ŸŒฟ and like to minimise my impact on the planet ๐ŸŒŽ as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming ๐ŸŒŠ yoga on the beach ๐Ÿง˜โ€ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! ๐Ÿ™Œ 

@Elisa : I was born in Italy ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น and as a lover of unique experiencesโ€”from exploring the streets of Rome๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น , Paris ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท, and Toronto ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ to appreciating timeless art and cuisineโ€”I'm here to blend the old with the new. 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

3,224 Replies 3,224
Gavin253
Level 2
Narromine, Australia

Hi. Iโ€™m Gavin, a superhost from country NSW Australia. Iโ€™m passionate about Airbnb though getting a little disillusioned with Airbnb policy on guests who sneak in extra guests. As a host it was great when deposits could be charged. But when they took that option away it means that if a guest sneaks extra people in, hosts have no option if the guest then refuses to pay the additional guest charges. This is even when your rules specifically preclude this. I know this and have it in writing. Itโ€™s very disappointing that hosts and Superhosts are not supported in these instances. 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hello @Gavin253 ๐Ÿ‘‹

Sorry to hear you're a bit frustrated with Airbnb policies. Have you reached out to Airbnb support and shared your feedback

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Indeed I have. And their response is as I indicated. Twice. If the guest does not agree to pay the fee, there is nothing they can do. If they brought back security deposits it would resolve the issue. Right now guests who break the rules will get away with it. Thatโ€™s Airbnb policy as stated to me by an Airbnb Resolution Center Ambassador. I can provide evidence of that. 

@Rebecca I had even put it in my guest rules which the guest accepted. And they were reminded twice in writing of those facts. Despite that, the policy of Airbnb as stated by the Resolution Center Ambassador, is that if the guest does not agree to pay, nothing can be done. It is a huge loophole. And not at all helpful to hosts or super hosts. I hope all of the hosting community sees this and acts. Because right now, we are unprotected. And as I said, I have it in writing. 

Latisha21
Level 1
State College, PA

I'm from Alabama, USA. Currently living in Pennsylvania, USA and I enjoying hosting! Soon to be a supportive co-host as well. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Latisha21, welcome to the Airbnb Community Center, and thank you so much for your introduction!

Itโ€™s great to hear you're considering becoming a co-host. Have you signed up for the official Airbnb co-hosting program? ๐Ÿ˜Š

Keep us posted!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hello Everyone! 

Yeshi here originally from Toronto ๐Ÿ™‚ but moved to Dubai for a couple of years now. Got into hosting accidentally and now am committing to hosting professionally. I am excited to be a part of this group to learn and grown and most importantly have fun! Most of my bookings are through other platforms so I am focusing on upgrading my Airbnb game ๐Ÿ™‚ in Dubai! 

Thank you for having me and look forward to making some new friends! 

Hello @Magnolias-Vacation-Homes0, we're very glad to have you join our community!

In our community, there's a fantastic board titled ๐Ÿ‘‰Ask About Your Listing, where both new and experienced Hosts come together to share tips on enhancing their listings through ๐Ÿ‘‰Critique My Listing threads. Would you be interested in joining this initiative?

All the best,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Thank you, Paula!

Alessandra1614
Level 2
Florianรณpolis, Brazil

Olรก, sou Alessandra Cristal, sou brasileira, moro em Florianรณpolis, ilha da Magia.

Adoro viajar e sedenta por novos conhecimentos.

Sou nova como anfitriรฃ, porรฉm como hรณspede jรก utilizei diversas vezes o airbnb.

Busco aprender muito com a comunidade e trocar experiรชncias, pretendo dedicar mais tempo para navegar na plataforma e obter melhor desempenho.

Eu e meu esposo Arnaldo administramos nosso espaรงo.

Obrigada pela acolhida!

----

Hello, I'm Alessandra Cristal, I'm Brazilian, I live in Florianรณpolis, Magic Island.

I love to travel and I'm thirsty for new knowledge.

I'm new as a host, but as a guest I've used Airbnb several times.

I seek to learn a lot from the community and exchange experiences, I intend to dedicate more time to browsing the platform and obtain better performance.

My husband Arnaldo and I manage our space.

Thank you for the welcome!

[Translation added by OCM]

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Alessandra1614,

As a new Host, you might have some questions or comments, so please feel free to start a โญ New conversation here,  asking any questions you have. I am sure our lovely Hosts will be more than happy to share their opinions.

Iโ€™m also sharing the Portuguese Community Center here, where you can interact with many hosts from Brazil.

All the best,

-----

Fridah2
Level 1
Nairobi, Kenya

Hi everyone, I am Fridah from Kenya. New to hosting and still getting to know more, looking forward to learning from the community.

Thank you!

Duana3
Level 2
Grand Ledge, MI

Hello, My name is Duana from the United States. Currently residing in Arizona. But Iโ€™m from Michigan. Iโ€™m new to hosting I have lots of questions. I like to have fun, spend time with family and friends. I enjoy dressing up and going to events. I love to travel I enjoy the sun only. 

Alicia1401
Level 1
Coatepec, Mexico

Hi, Iโ€™m Alicia from Coatepec, Veracruz, Mexico ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฝ, home to some of the best coffee in the world โ˜•. I host in a beautiful circular home surrounded by nature and positive energy. Iโ€™m passionate about spirituality, meditation, and personal growth โœจ. I also love dancing salsa ๐Ÿ’ƒ and connecting with people from all over. I enjoy creating unique experiences for my guests and sharing the magic of Coatepec. Thrilled to be part of this vibrant community! ๐ŸŒฟ

Pooja74
Level 1
Mumbai, India

Hello to all the community managers and fellow team members.

I'm Pooja Bansal from Mumbai, India. I was an interior designer and now a parent to my child.

The thought of keeping my parent's home in a good state and maintaining it got me to Airbnb. Its been only a week and I can already see the hustle and bustle in the house from welcoming the guests to one or the other repair work coming up. Really happy to be hear. The most special thing about this home is that it is designed by me in 2010-11. It was my first solo project.

I'm also a sudoku enthusiast.