New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Sophia and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Sophia : Born and bred in the UK 🇬🇧 but my roots are Bangladeshi 🇧🇩. I love cats 🐱, enjoy eating crisps (also known as chips) and enjoy baking 🍪. I also love travelling ✈️  I have worked in Community ever since I graduated and to put it lightly, people are my passion! 💖

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

2,209 Replies 2,209
Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Greetings from the UK @Andrea7114  🇬🇧 Welcome! How is your hosting journey going so far? 😊

-----

Rona946
Level 2
Sumerduck, VA

Hello everyone. I'm Rona Delaney and and we joined the AirBNB hosting community in May with a house on the Outer Banks of North Carolina, USA. It's been a mostly positive experience, with a few mishaps and messy guests. We had a horrendous guest last week, but hopefully it's a once in a decade experience. 

We are about to purchase our second home and will also rent that via AirBNB.

I look forward to sharing ideas with everyone.  

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey hey @Rona946 👋🏽 best of luck with purchasing your 2nd home! 🏡

I bet you have plenty of wisdom to share 😊

Feel free to share your experiences with the wider community by creating a post here

-----

Othman54
Level 2
Taghazout, Morocco

I'm otman from taghazout morocco

I like swimming and surfing 🌊

climbing the mountain 

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Othman54, welcome to the community 🎉  I hope hosting is going well for you 😊 

-----

Hey Airbnb Adventurers!

I'm Jessen Andy Wijaya, your new host on the block, hailing from the vibrant streets of Indonesia and currently juggling textbooks in the lively city of Singapore. Freshly 22 as of August 23 – yes, I'm officially in the "adulting" club now!

I've recently tossed my humble abode into the Airbnb, and let me tell you, the journey has been nothing short of a rollercoaster of excitement! Airbnb, you've got my attention, and I'm here to bring some extra pizzazz to the hosting scene.

As someone who's been on the other side of the suitcase, I get the importance of a kick-ass stay. My mission? To create a space where guests feel like they've stumbled upon a cozy oasis in the midst of their adventures.

Ready for a host with a zest for life? Let's connect! Whether you're a seasoned pro or a fellow newbie, I'm all ears for tips, tricks, and good vibes.

Here's to new friendships, unforgettable stays, and the awesome journey ahead!

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Jessen13  welcome to the community and the adult club 🎉

I love your passion & energy 💛  if you need any advice or want to share your experiences so far, feel free to create a post here 😊

-----

Hi everyone. I am from Chile the last country in the Map. Come visit us , you will find beautiful lanscapes from the most dried desert to beaches were you can practicar sea sports were my place is. as you see in the photos 
  Ski centres at winter time along  with wonderfull lakes, rivers  and volcanos at the South to finally find the Patagonia glaciars and Mountain peaks takebreathing. See you 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey @Claudia3711, and welcome to the Community Center! 👋
We're a friendly bunch and eager to support wherever we can.

Chile sounds like such an amazing place! I had a look at the photos and it's truly stunning! Whilst you're here, why not have a look around to see what the Community Center has to offer! 

My favourite boards are:
Ask about your listing - You can ask other Hosts to critique your listing, you could be pleasantly surprised at what other people see!

Advice on your space - This is great for general questions about your space specifically, for example, the amenities that you have at the property to what types of sheets that you use.

Let me know how you get on and if you've got any questions just reach out! 

-----

Hello!  I'm Virginia and my husband is Cliff.  I have been using Airbnb for a really long time.  We live in Irmo, SC.  I left corporate life in 2009 for health reasons and my husband left it in 2019 to spend more time at home.  We always had rentals, but between 2019 to present Cliff purchased 8 condos.  We only do mid-term rentals for 30 days or more.  We've been blessed to have almost 100% occupancy from day one.  Although many of our stays have been via a travel nurse site, many of our nurses and snowbirds come from Airbnb.  I look forward to getting advice from seasoned hosts to increase bookings through the Airbnb.  THANKS!

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Virginia814 , and welcome to the Community Center! 👋

You've come to the right place as we've got some great conversations going on:

Ask about your listing - You can ask other Hosts to critique your listing, you could be pleasantly surprised at what other people see!

Advice on your space - This is great for general questions about your space specifically, for example, the amenities that you have at the property to what types of sheets that you use.

Let me know how you get on and if you've got any questions just reach out! We're a friendly bunch and eager to support wherever we can.

-----

Hi, my name is Denise. Originally from the UK I migrated to Australia & have only recently become an Airbnb host. We live in a beautiful area (my husband & dog!) and decided that it was a shame not to share it with others & thus "Lakeview - with a Coastal Vibe was born"! So far everything has been beyond expectations  - looking forward to 2024 🙂

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Denise1776, welcome to the Community Center!

It's great to have you here and congratulations for starting your journey with Airbnb. We're excited to see what you do! 

Let me know how you get on and if you've got any questions just reach out! We're a friendly bunch and eager to support wherever we can.

-----

Edward824
Level 2
California, United States

Hello Bhumika,

I am Edward and i live in Santa Ana, California. I tried to focus on business travelers, and that all went away a few years ago. I have switched to hosting families. Now, the most common thing among all of the guests is they all want to go to Disneyland.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Edward824and welcome to the Community Center! 👋

That sounds amazing; do you live far from Disneyland? Do you do anything special for your Disney obsessed guests? 

Let me know how you get on and if you've got any questions just reach out! We're a friendly bunch and eager to support wherever we can.

-----