[POLL] How long have you been hosting for?

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

[POLL] How long have you been hosting for?

Sybe_0-1657797202478.jpeg

Hey everyone,

It can sometimes feel like it was only yesterday that you welcomed your first guest. Time flies when you’re having fun, and when you do what you love, those years can feel like just days passing by.

How long have you been hosting for? 

What is it that kept you going? How did you get past the bad times and how did you celebrate the good times? This is your hosting experience in general so if you were a Host before you joined Airbnb, that time counts too!

I can’t wait to hear from you. 😃 

Sybe

P.S. While you’re looking back at the years you’ve been hosting, we’d love to invite you to share your most memorable hosting stories with us at @Stephanie’s topic here!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

39 Replies 39

@Sybe 

I started hosting last year in Greece. I own two lovely properties one in Mykonos and one in the Athens Riviera. I hope you can all visit Greece this summer, it's really great with all the heat in most countries.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/51036627?guests=1&adults=1&s=67&unique_share_id=81406284-7416-4bcd-97b9...

This is one of my listings.

Happy hosting everyone.

Kirsten266
Level 10
Heemskerk, Netherlands

I started in the second week of August 2021. Almost a host for one year 🙂

And also a year long super host 

We wanted to create some extra income and I love the hospitality aspect of renting our tiny house to a couple of strangers. 

I love to hear people say that they really want to come back. I already got some people for the second time

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Sybe we started hosting with Airbnb in November 2020 with a quick learning curve prior to Christmas and phone and emails going (ping ping) with bookings and I hadnt put 24 hrs between bookings. This was implemented after 2nd quick turnover. Covid shut downs was next with cancellations from guests but have learnt that this effects your percentage ratings

What I enjoy most is meeting people.

Ruthie12
Level 4
Oldenburg, IN

@Sybe, are you hearing, really hearing, the comments from hosts whose bookings have shut down since the summer release?  And relaying those comments to whoever made that awful decision?  Let me add my voice.  My bookings through airbnb have virtually stopped since the release, except two from return guests  Luckily, I was able to get bookings through Vrbo for July, but the rest of the summer looks dismal.  Such a disappointment.

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Ruthie12 , we hear you and I appreciate you sharing this with me.

Please be assured that we are still passing on feedback regarding the Summer Release to Airbnb. I understand progress can be slow and this is not an ideal situation for you. We are working on improvements using the feedback we received from Hosts here on the CC and many other platforms.

As soon as we have more updates, we'll post this on the CC!

-----

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hey everyone, thank you so much for sharing your wonderful stories! Here's an update on the poll. 80 Responses so far and a good mix of experience. 😃

Sybe_0-1658739416603.png

The poll is still open so if you haven't entered yet, don't hesitate! 😉

-----

Awesome and interesting article. Great things you’ve always shared with us. Thanks. Just continue composing this kind of post.

@Sybe 

This is an interesting poll - it is fun to see the wide variety of experience here. We started hosting in 1974 running a 12 house wilderness resort, all hand-built works of art. We were good at it! Hospitality got "in the blood" for us, and we've been loving it for nearly 50 years. 

@Sybe 

I'm loving the responses here! 

We started hosting as wilderness resort managers in 1974. The property had 12 full houses, handmade in the FLWright tradition, with up to 50 guests at a time. We created rules, a brochure, a confirmation and a method of record keeping to avoid double booking. Thank goodness we were young and energetic, maintenance was huge in the wilderness. 

We've hosted traveling musicians as we were concert promoters, foreign students, and SERVAS travelers since then, and became AirBnb hosts in 2013 after one of our musicians said we should. It was the right call! 

Hospitality is in our DNA, we love it!

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Wow, what a journey @Kitty-and-Creek0! 🤩

-----