Petition to change NYC Airbnb regulations

Derek418
Level 1
New York, United States

Petition to change NYC Airbnb regulations

NYC Mayor Eric Adams has assigned a task force lead by Christian Closner to practically eliminate Airbnb for NYCs home owners 

copy link below and listen from 1:15-2:15

60 seconds that will drop your jaw in disgust.

https://www.nyc.gov/office-of-the-mayor/news/493-22/mayor-adams-office-special-enforcement-lawsuit-a...

We need to petition together and stop these politicians for purchase from taking our business away only to monopolize it for the hotel industry to line their pockets. An industry which we know has been taking advantage of tourists for decades. We provide safe family oriented fun oriented spaces people are looking for that just doesn’t come with hotels at a fraction of the price which is mutually beneficial to home owners carrying their mortgage and tourists seeking a family oriented experience to travel with their family. 

Let’s petition against these obnoxious claims and keep a fair housing experience for all those that come to this city. The choice should be theirs whether Airbnb or hotel. 

we have to share ideas here and petition together for the city we pay our taxes to arrive at true Justice for all and not just the pockets of a few greedy people in power. We the people are the power together!

What are your ideas? thoughts?

Should I go ahead and post the proposed new rules?

2 Replies 2
Christina163
Level 10
United States

I'd leave immediately...it's not going to get better just more tyrannical overreach so people are miserable...it's not safe there anymore either the crime rate is up, insurance/taxes up. .

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

This is a global community if you want to lobby about STR legislation changes in New York why not post on the New York host group @Derek418 

The article you have linked to is one talking about your city taking action against a major illegal STR operator - I'm not sure why you would have an issue about your city taking action against large scale illegal STR operators.