Please Create a New Discussion Room

Answered!
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

Please Create a New Discussion Room

@Lizzie @Stephanie @Quincy  Please consider a new temporary discussion room for issues around the COVID-19 pandemic.  There are so many posts about this, many unanswered, and I think it would help everyone weighing in for the first time to find others they can talk to.

1 Best Answer
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

excellent idea @Ann72 @Sandra126 @Mark116 @John1574 @Linda108 @Lizzie 

Maybe join them all together in one place so those who may be knew to the CC can find them in one place.

The reality is, we are all in this together.

Thinking of you all & hoping for the best

Central To All Home & Location

Remuera, Auckland, New Zealand

19 Replies 19
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks so much for this suggestion @Ann72. Funnily enough, I was just talking about something similar to @Mike-And-Jane0

Leave it with me, I'm on the case.... 🙂 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Lizzie  You are the actual best.  🙂

John1574
Level 10
Providence, RI

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Excellent idea!

John1574
Level 10
Providence, RI

-

I created the thread mentioned above so that people could discuss the coronavirus the dangers thereof and the techniques we need to use to combat the spread of the virus. 

Enough about the financial losses Airbnb hosts have experienced with the 100% cancellation fee, but people are closing their restaurants, losing their jobs, closing their entire businesses and laying off their employees.

We should be focused as a nation, as a people, as business people, as Airbnb hosts on slowing the spread of the coronavirus so that we can save lives ad begin the economic recovery.

Misinformation, minimization, is the enemy.

Action, knowledge, not panic is what we need.

-

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

Well, since almost everyone's reservations have been cancelled, there isn't much else to discuss right now, I doubt people will be interested in 'what innovations do you plan for 2020' or 'how are you dealing with the colored/white sheet controversy'.

@Mark116  Actually, hosts are still posting issues they need help with that have nothing to do with Covid and they aren't necessarily fluff like linen discussions. But those posts were getting buried amongst all the Covid posts. 

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

@Mark116 , by saying that,  you're saying it's all over. I don't believe that for a minute. I think it will take time, and during that time as we wait it out, those who can, will possibly enjoy others virtual company. I've stopped hosting for now, and can t wait to begin again. Whenever that is. And I sincerely hope the company can keep going. And the forum. I am avoiding all people at the moment but the forum can be good! Here's hoping for better times to come.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

excellent idea @Ann72 @Sandra126 @Mark116 @John1574 @Linda108 @Lizzie 

Maybe join them all together in one place so those who may be knew to the CC can find them in one place.

The reality is, we are all in this together.

Thinking of you all & hoping for the best

Central To All Home & Location

Remuera, Auckland, New Zealand

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Ann72@Sandra126@Helen427@Mark116@John1574@Linda108,

Good news!!! The new CC board is live. It can be found in 'All discussion Rooms' on the CC header or here is the direct link

We are just in the process of moving posts there and of course letting the people who created them know where they can find them. : ) 

If you hear anyone unsure where their topic has gone, would you mind pointing them in the direction of the board please? 

Thanks again Ann for your great suggestion. 

Here we go...

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Lizzie I was just on the new board and it's great!  Will definitely point people in the right direction.  THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Wonderful! : )

--------------------

-

I'm sorry Liz, but that effort does not look wonderful to me. Again some of those links spread misinformation and disinformation, especially "Coronavirus fear versus reality." 

Where is my link disseminating correct information about the dangers of the coronavirus? Conveniently left off while you include threads about dis-information. Congrats!

I thought it would be better to put a link up that would appear under the Recent discussions: one that has a thread that you begin and is titled: Coronavirus: what we know; what we need to know; and what we need to do.

I don't think what you created is of any help whatsoever.

Sorry.

-

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @John1574,

So just to be clear this board isn't a curated board for selected topics, the board is for all Coronavirus discussions. As mentioned in my post here we are currently finding the topics on other CC boards and are moving them there and this might move into tomorrow. This is a manual process. 

Regarding your topic, you might also find this Airbnb resource link with official Airbnb content on the Coronavirus, useful. 

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------