Politics?

Politics?

So am I to understand that owners are being encouraged to blacklist clients because of their known political affiliation?  If this is so, I find this abhorrent!  I don't want to know someone's politics.  I want to know if they are honest, able to pay, and clean.  Please explain to me how someone's political affiliation should be part of the equation.

6 Replies 6
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Airbnb91 

Thank you for writing in and expressing your views.

With respect to Mrs. Malkin, consistent with our policies, if we become aware of users who are members of or are actively affiliated with hate groups, we remove them from Airbnb. You can review our nondiscrimination policy here. https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/2867/nondiscrimination-policy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

So you get to decide who is part of a hate group based on their politics???  Is it a BLM member, white Nationalist member, pro-abortion, pro-life, pro-mask, anti-vaxxer, "Squad" member???  Well, I guess I need to just cancel myself now since I might fall into one of your politically unacceptable hate groups!!  Slippery slope you have put yourself on, making politics a condition of your rental process.  

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Airbnb91   Blacklisting people who advocate discrimination against certain demographics of people, i.e. spreading hatred, has nothing to do with blacklisting based on "political affiliation".  

Unlike Mexico, America has guaranteed free speech--just labeling it "advocating discrimination" does not make it illegal or inappropriate.   Targeting people for disagreeing is just the first step.  Your decision to label it that way has nothing to do with what is right, but is rather your uninformed opinion.  If we listen to people like you, soon we will be living in a subdivision of Mexico where you are not allowed to openly disagree with others.

@Airbnb91  You might want to refrain from talking about things you are obviously ignorant about.

Mexico is a democracy and the right to free speech is guaranteed in its constitution. The current president of Mexico tries to suppress criticism, but he is still criticized. 

But to get back to Airbnb,  expressions of hatred are not a difference of opinion. 

And why are you posting here when you have no profile as either a host or guest?

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Airbnb91 @Sarah977 

As mentioned in my previous reply, if you have any questions, you can review our nondiscrimination policy here: https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/2867/nondiscrimination-policy

To prevent this conversation from going off-track further, and with the best interest of our global community here, I've decided to close this thread to future replies.

Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts.

-Sybe

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen