Private notes that is intended for public review from guest

Jin726
Level 2
Calgary, Canada

Private notes that is intended for public review from guest

Hello, 

I am a new host and just done my first hosting. Client left a brief comment in public(very positive)  and then added details under private notes and highly recommended my place.  I feel the client accidentally post comments under private notes rather than public review. Any solutions/suggesttions? Any help Would be appreciated! 

3 Replies 3
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Jin726  Yes, it happens sometimes, though not really often, I think. People  can get confused about the review and the private comments.

Nothing you can do about it, once reviews are posted, nothing about them can be changed.  Even if the guest asked Airbnb to, they won't.

Just be glad that although the public review was only a one-liner, it's great.

I once got a review that said nothing but "I spent the best week of my life here".

And another that, while it was a good review as far as it went, (and the guest had told me he was going to leave me a great review), the guest somehow screwed up and the review cut off in the middle of like the third sentence. 

Jin726
Level 2
Calgary, Canada

Thank you very much Sarah!

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jin726 One thing you should know for the future. When a guest leaves a private review the system prompts you to respond to it. The implication is that the response is also private but it isn't! There are many examples of hosts apologising about something slightly negative in a private review when the public review is glowing.