Property Management - Several ads in one account

Claudia2833
Level 2
Andalusia, Spain

Property Management - Several ads in one account

Hi! I have an airbnb account under my name where I manage properties of different owners who want me to take care of everything, hence I cannot be a co-host, as this status has a few limitations as most of you already know.

I was wondering is the tax information all of the different listings is gonna be on my name? This would be a big mistake as I am only taking a small percentage of comission of each listing as I am not the property owner. I called Airbnb and they explained there is a way of doing it by adding some tax information forms on each listing? Has any of you heard of this? I cannot find it anywhere..

I would like to know if any of you has an idea of how being a property manager trough my account wihtout being the main tax declarator of all the income..

Thank you,

1 Reply 1
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Claudia2833 You will need to talk to an accountant but I think what most property managers do is take the full income and then expense the payments to the owners. In some jurisdictions you would then need to declare to the taxman the payments you make to the owners.