Redesign Feedback - Things we can work on

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Redesign Feedback - Things we can work on

Hi everyone,

We hope you are enjoying exploring our new and improved space here on the Airbnb Community Center! We wanted to create this topic so you can all share your thoughts on any bugs, issues or ideas of improvements we can consider as we continue to evolve our space, together. By posting your feedback in this specific post you'll help us make sure your ideas and opinions are not missed. 

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

61 Replies 61
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

What does it mean when this messages shows up:

Emiel1_0-1667934686956.png

BTW "or you have not....what ?"

"enough brains" ?

"eaten breakfast yet" ?

"donated enough money" ?

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Emiel1 Thanks for the screenshot!

Could you let me know which page you were on when this message popped up please, and whether you where on mobile or desktop? I'll look into what happened 👀

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Emiel1
Level 10

@Emilie 

It happens when (trying) to reply on certain posts, eg this one:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Is-my-listing-suspended/td-p/1709661

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Emiel1 for the extra info! With the redesign and the new board structure we introduced, the old boards were made read-only and are being phased out. We're in the process of finishing to migrating recent content over, I appreciate your patience in the interim. 🙂

The message should not be cropped up though - could you let me know on which device you saw this please, just for reference?

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Emiel1
Level 10

@Emilie 

I use a laptop and visit the community with FireFox browser.

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Perfect, thanks again @Emiel1

-----

Emiel1
Level 10

The "autosave" option brings up a window when returning to a post where you initialy entered some text , but did not finish. It provides the option to "load" or "discard". But these options are very difficult to recognize on the black background, as the screenschot shows::

Emiel1_0-1668037911065.png

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Emiel1 Another good catch - I've flagged it, thank you!

-----

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi everyone, 

Following what I shared last week, I'm delighted to let you know we've now made the first update based on all your amazing feedback! The link to access the latest reply on a thread has been added back, so you can see it both from the homepage feed and any board feed as well. 

I'll share more on our next steps once we have more details. 🙂

Thanks, 

Emilie

@Helen3 @Mike-And-Jane0 @Gillian166 As all 3 of you mentioned this feature before 💡

-----

@Emilie a quick fix that is much appreciated. Thanks

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

yay! the latest reply by.... is back! thank you. 

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

@Stephanie  looks like the new Board categories are a bit of a mess still. 

Seems like guests are using the Welcome Guests board for their posts, not a bad thing, perhaps just change the description and let that one be the board for guests to ask questions?

Community Cafe remains thoroughly confused, it's supposed to be the off topic hobbies and fun stuff board, and it's currently a free for all.

Perhaps have all those sep boards really isn't that helpful as most users are ignoring it? I like have the Host Circle, and then a general board, a board for guests (maybe) and one for off topic. Plus other admin boards like the Updates section. Maximum of 4, keep it simple, people can use the search function to find topics. 

also, the message box is still not working properly. when you DM someone the box won't let you see what you are typing (on desktop and phone), and it's also doing a weird thing if you try to select a bunch of text it won't, instead you end up selecting the whole message and it scrolls up/jumps around.  

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Gillian166!

We've spotted that DM text box issue as well and have reported it to the developers. No news just yet but I'll keep you updated when we know more. 🤞 

Regarding the boards, you're completely right that Community Cafe is meant to be off-topic but is a bit cluttered at the moment. The redesign is still quite fresh so please bear with us while we determine what the next steps are in regards to all your feedback, on the boards as well as the rest - loads of great suggestions and ideas on how to improve this space!

Emilie

-----

Sarah327
Level 7
England, United Kingdom

What's happened to the Host Circle?! Where's our safe space to get advice from other hosts etc.? 

@Sarah327 it is still there as long as you are logged in