Refund for Payment made in the resolution centre?

Lerong0
Level 2
Sydney, Australia

Refund for Payment made in the resolution centre?

Hey everyone,

I just started hosting and I have a question which I can't seem to find anywhere else. Can the guest get a refund for the payment made in the resolution centre, especially for extra services? 

So I charge people for parking, early checkin and late checkout, and I was just wondering how would these extra service fees be refunded if the guest decided to cancel the reservation? My place has a moderate cancellation policy, would the extra service fees made in the resolution centre follow the cancellation policy of the listing? 

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks 

2 Replies 2
Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

I'm uncertain as to the answer but imagine that everything would be refunded...otherwise you would be charging for a service you could not deliver which is not legal.

I hope that helps?

You could always ask a friend to book (at a serious discount) and try the system out for yourself which is something Airbnb recommends to new Hosts.

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Lerong0 The money paid to you by the guest for extra services would not be automatically included in the cancellation refund given to the guest by Airbnb. You would have to refund them yourself through the resolution center. Resolution center transactions are separate from the booking  transaction.