Requirement to leave guest review after guest cancels

Answered!
Valerie996
Level 1
Phoenix, AZ

Requirement to leave guest review after guest cancels

My last guest cancelled before arriving, but AirBnB still shows that I need to leave a review for them. How can I avoid getting a "bad grade" for not leaving a review? The review form doesn't account for this situation.

1 Best Answer
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Valerie996  You never "need" to leave a review, regardless of whether guest stayed or not. Of course,  you should always review guests who did stay, to let other hosts know what kind of guests they were.

5 Replies 5
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

You won't get any sort of bad score, or bad anything, for not leaving a review, @Valerie996 . Not leaving a review for a no-show cancellation is protocol. It's just that the system doesn't know the guest didn't show up, so will continue to prompt you. 

No worries. Just ignore the prompts. Nothing will happen. You're good!

Thank you!

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Valerie996  You never "need" to leave a review, regardless of whether guest stayed or not. Of course,  you should always review guests who did stay, to let other hosts know what kind of guests they were.

Great! Thank you!

Gema57
Level 3
Weatherford, TX

I just had this happen to a guest who wanted to cancel, but did not in the timeframe and knew they were not getting a refund, so it appears they just kept the reservation and did not show up. I always have a reminder message the day before checkout that goes automatically to everyone and it basically says the check out list, so if they could strip the soiled sheets, dirty towels and such in the laundry prior to leaving the space due to the timeframe of having a next guest arriving the same day in some cases and only having one washing machine/dryer. When this was sent, the guest canceled and it gave him the option to review; we did too. I was not going to at first, but then I decided to. I wanted to be the bigger person and I did leave in my review that he did not show up for his reservation, so I could not grade him on anything, but I gave him a good review although, on paper, I made sure to mention he did not cancel and was a no show.