Reservation Requests are not being sent to my email

Answered!
Bruce0
Level 3
Quesnel, Canada

Reservation Requests are not being sent to my email

I cannot use instant booking and  have it turned off.

Reservation requests are not being forwarded to my home email. The last one to come in was on April 30, 2022.

Did I miss something? Does Airbnb no longer forward a Reservation request or even notify me that there is one in my Airbnb Inbox? Do I have to start going to the Airbnb site hourly to check?

Two reservation requests that came in 2 days ago have already expired because of this problem.  I almost lost another 10 days ago but I happened to go onto the site to check a separate guest's dietary needs and I saw the new request.

I contacted Superhost Support then but the problem was not resolved. I did it again today and got someone who could not answer my question and who was about to finish her shift and cannot follow up until tomorrow.

All contact information is correct and current.  The 3 email senders (express@airbnb.com, automated@ and response@) are all whitelisted and are in my contacts. Nothing appears in my spam folder.

Is there anything  I should look for on my end?

TY 

Bruce

1 Best Answer
Bruce0
Level 3
Quesnel, Canada

Update

I had Norton Security uninstall and then reinstall their overly intrusive, overweight routine. (Fking Norton seems to be behind a lot of probs.)
As soon as the uninstall was done, messages from Airbnb began to arrive. At first all were auto-generated so I could not confirm the problem resolved; now messages from outside of the Airbnb system are arriving.

SO, I think the problem is resolved and it had nothing to do with you as my email domain host, my ISP or Airbnb, just Norton suffering from elephantiasis.

PLUS I am suddenly getting the Ukrainian and Russian marriage proposals again; lucky me 😉

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Bruce0 

The feature still excists, as it works for me.

Offcourse correct notification must be ticked (maybe try to turn it off and on again) in your account and the email address must be correct.

Bruce0
Level 3
Quesnel, Canada

Update

I had Norton Security uninstall and then reinstall their overly intrusive, overweight routine. (Fking Norton seems to be behind a lot of probs.)
As soon as the uninstall was done, messages from Airbnb began to arrive. At first all were auto-generated so I could not confirm the problem resolved; now messages from outside of the Airbnb system are arriving.

SO, I think the problem is resolved and it had nothing to do with you as my email domain host, my ISP or Airbnb, just Norton suffering from elephantiasis.

PLUS I am suddenly getting the Ukrainian and Russian marriage proposals again; lucky me 😉