Royal Wedding, Windsor, United Kingdom

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Royal Wedding, Windsor, United Kingdom

To those of you over in Mother England wishing you all the best for smooth sailing with your Guests who are there for Harry and Meghan's wedding and may you receive glowing reviews and share your stories with us in here.

13 Replies 13
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

My alarm is set for 5am!

David
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Helen427 @David126

Who on earth is that moron who highjacked the royal wedding. Why is it that American clerics do not know or understand their place in the great scheme of things.

It would be great if just once one of them would get off their soapbox and understand....As an invited guest you do what you are supposed to do and leave the petty theatricals in your dressing room!

I wanted to see the royal wedding but, I gave up and gave it a miss after 10 mintues of that clap trap!!

Honesty ;-(

Cheers......Rob

I missed that one @Robin4. do tell.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Fred13 @David126

Fred, you understand British pomp and ceremony, the Brits do these ceremonies with a certain sense of precision and style.

As part of the wedding ceremony the head of some 'Episcipal Church'...or something like that got up and started throwing his hands around and kept mouthing on about fire and love in a completely uncalled for 15 minutes of complete rambling nonsense that simply bored and embarassed everyone who was there and who was watching around the world.

You may have missed it Fred but you sure will here about it.

Having been there and spent some time in the US, I know that to American news services, world news ends at the US low water line but, I am sure this complete tool of a church representative is going to get a fair bit of criticism....even in the US.

Cheers.....Rob

@Robin4 @Helen427  I see, oh Lord. That whole spectacle was so totally out of place. I am sure many will tip toe around this whole 'event' as to not to offend 'anyone', especially the American media.  I got through the whole unnecessary rant and wish I could get my 15 minutes of life back. Embarrassing.

Cindee1
Level 2
Arkansas, United States

Correct Robin, as an American, that was HORRIBLE.  As a Christian that was RIDUCLOUS.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Fred, look up Michael Curry, cleric Prince Harry , Meghan Markle wedding - there's discussion and what he said online...just make sure you don't only read the shortened version.

Hope he knows who created and provided his IPad because if he wants to share & find love he needs to remember we are all of people together in the world and we are all guardians.

Let's say Cleric Curry left his "mark"

It is 6:16 am so I had the volume down, guests here who I assumed would be joing me to watch but no show so far,  so yes it did look a bit odd but missed the verbocity. I have put some croissants out  this morning, a word that Americans seem unable to pronounce.

Anyway looks a really nice day over there, I thought I would wake up to fresh snow this morning.

My football team won yesterday, my Brother emailed me having been at the game and have been in the Pub until 1am with a subsequent sore head, so even guests who turned up 3 hours late and wanted to use my kitchen, that is a no, could not shake my equinamity.

David
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Oh Rob the cleric sure went on, would like to have seen Queen Elizabeth's reaction to it, not sure she would have been impressed.

No doubt there'll be talk on social media, and wherever else for years to come about that rant.

I liked the touch of flowers from all the Commonwealth Countries on her veil, we desperately need our flowers back into our Domains / Parks/ Reserves and Gardens in Auckland, NZ.

Unfortunately we have had one of yours, Jack CRAW, who stuffed up Australian Parks and Gardens come to NZ who thinks all exotic species are "pest plants" so they've been cutting down and ripping out ask manner of beautiful heritage flowers and stuffing up the ecological systems and people's betterment.

Maybe we should all be making more of an effort to get our Commonwealth Gardens back, ditto flowers from all countries back in the aforementioned places to restore people's health & well being.

All the best to Harry & Meghan, they both did well considering the challenges they've been through, couldn't help but notice the odd teary moment where one would expect him to wish his mum, Diana, was there to share the moment.

Meanwhile you Australians must remember the Invictus games are there later his year so should get some extra visitors...

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Helen427

Helen, what on earth are you doing still up! It must be 2.30 am over there!!!

Yeah that rambling nonsense was over the top wasn't it.

Didn't somebody prep that tool and tell him..

A/. "We run to a schedule, you have 3 minutes"!

B/. "You are an invited guest, remember why you are here....this is a royal wedding!"

God, I am not an American but on behalf of non Britts, I felt ashamed! I could not continue watching it, I came up here on the computer until the ceremony ended.

Ah well they say it takes all sorts to make a world, unfortunately there are a few too many like that turkey in it!

Cheers.....Rob

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

3.15am, I'm a diehard, coverage here on mainstream tv went til around 2.00am.

Been very privileged, some may not think so, to have met Charles twice on visits here..and missed meeting Harry as I had a prior engagement - still kicking myself over that one!

We live in a very, very small world 😉

No one gets away with long rants like he did and one thing for sure, it won't be happening again in a hurry!!!

Amanda522
Level 2
Houston, TX

Anybody iwilling to complete a survey about renting on Airbnb for events like the Royal Wedding?

We are conducting an academic study about the motivations and experiences of owners who first rented their accommodations for a major event in their city. You will be entered in a drawing to win one of five $20 Amazon gift cards. This project has been reviewed by the University of Houston Committee for the Protection of Human Subjects [Phone number hidden as per the community guidelines]. Please click on the link below to take the survey.  Thank you!

http://hrmuh.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_4Ow1PXP71bO5D2R

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Any Hosts/ Guests who stayed in Windsor who went to Harry & Meghan's wedding?

Would love to hear your stories of your airbnb stays..