Scam, scam, scam

Answered!

Scam, scam, scam

I had a guest book for 7 days, then arrived and said my place was totally unclean, had several complaints and left early the next morning asking for a full refund.  There was nothing wrong, I am superhost and have 3 properties and have NEVER had anyone complain about cleanliness.  This is just a way for the guest to stay for free for one night and move on.  I gave them refund of what Airbnb would allow.  She is not happy because she did not get the full amount.  Has anyone run into this situation?

1 Best Answer
BenkaandKeith0
Level 10
United States

Yes, this is a scam and I am sorry you need to deal with it. In your position we would not issue a refund. This is just a bad practice letting bad guests know they can continue taking advantage of the hosts. We hope you do not need to deal with this in the future again 😞

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8

Just wonder if there is a way to check if this is a habit with this guest

BenkaandKeith0
Level 10
United States

Yes, this is a scam and I am sorry you need to deal with it. In your position we would not issue a refund. This is just a bad practice letting bad guests know they can continue taking advantage of the hosts. We hope you do not need to deal with this in the future again 😞

Thank you so much for your input,  I do wish that I had waited to give the refund.  It will not happen again

Try to be fair, but stay alert. There is not many, but still too many who will try taking advantage of your. Stay firm with your cancellation policy and politely refer to it for all of those who may not be happy with your response. Best of luck!

Hello would you be able to help me figure out if this is a scam or not please im looking to book quickly n I have no experience with this 

https://abnb.me/xpwxUaYEinb

Hello guys can any of you help me figure out if this is a scam post or not please im forced to book last min 

https://abnb.me/NXWCccXDinb 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Yaqeen0 it looks OK to me but just make sure all money paid goes through Airbnb. Do read the lister's reviews though - they are not great!

also a scam

**[Personal details removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

Send the payment using the following details:

**[Personal details removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

Beneficiary address: **[Personal details removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]
Bank address: **[Personal details removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

Payment can also be done from any Exchange that has the Western Union Direct to Bank Service using the Sort Code and Account Number (e.g. Al Ansari Exchange, Al Fardan Exchange, Al Ghurair Exchange, Sharaf Exchange etc).

Amount to be sent: ﺩ.ﺇ7,250.00 (AED)

As a payment reference please use your receipt number:

**[Sensitive information removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]