See you on the 28th!๐ŸŽ„

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

See you on the 28th!๐ŸŽ„

Hello all,

As we're nearly at the end of the year, the time has arrived to take a few days off!

I have no big plans during my holiday, and so will be staying at home to finish some unfinished chores here and there around the house ๐Ÿ™‚. What are your plans? 

My lovely colleagues @Sybe  @Jenny, and @Bhumika will keep an eye out on the CC as usual ๐Ÿ‘€

Wishing you all very happy holidays in advance! ๐ŸŽ„

Quincy

via GIPHY

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

8 Replies 8

Hi Quincy!

A good opportunity to take personal time. May the catching up be pleasant, and your sleeps deep and rejuvenating. 

Our plans? Creek is now 12 hours home from the hospital, with a brand new shiny total shoulder replacement. He's resting well, and wrapping his head around the PT and rehab work ahead. Such an excellent guy, partner for 50 years. He has so much courage, and it shows every day. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Thank you, Quincy, for all the attention you give to this community! 

Wishing you happy holidays and a splendid newest year! 

Kitty Norris

Willits, Mendocino County, Northern California

Merry Christmas Kitty-and Creek0, all the best with the shoulder rehab. Too much bed making ?    H

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Kitty-and-Creek0, I'm so happy to hear that the operation went well for Creek! ๐Ÿ˜Š Wishing him a speedy recovery! Happy New Year to both of you, in advance! ๐ŸŽ‰

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Hi Quincy!

This has been an amazing time here: over 4" of rain from the first storm, and another storm just landed in the night. The forest is thrilled, and Sunday we get a break and can take a walk in the fragrant forest.

For Thanksgiving I made Green Posole, and for this week I made Red Posole. Yum!  California is historically part of Mexico, so these are Early California foods, and Posole is essential to any type of celebration. 

Creek is now 2 weeks post surgery, had his first PT appointment today. He's doing really well and we're so proud of him!

Happiest Newest Year to you, may this one be satisfying in every way!

Kitty

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

Merry Christmas Quincy , I hope its a good one. Like you I always have chores to do but time rests for no man,or woman,so I will try to squeeze a little fun in as well. A lot of 'wrapping ,cooking , decorating . Still shopping and general fol der rol ? or something like that . A bit of pudding , a little custard, some smiles , too much food. Some of us are very lucky but spare a thought always for those who are not . It has been a tough few years for many around me . We must all try to bring a little cheer , over and above. This is tiring , but we can choose to make smiles for ourselves and others. Rest up and I hope everyone finds some renewal and greater strength for lifes little, and not so little challenges ahead  . Deck the halls or a least the letterbox, show your fighting spirit, no matter your personal beliefs and 'happy holidays'    H

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Quincy 

Hope you have a lovely break.

Christmas celebrations for me are pretty much just spending the 25th with my family, eating a lot, opening presents and probably playing some games... As my close family live in London too, it doesn't turn into a long affair!

As work is winding down, I also hope to get some chores, admin and maybe some projects around the house done. However, it isn't really a total break from work (unlike last year when things were slower), because I will have two guests staying (was supposed to be three but one is leaving early to surprise her family for Xmas). 

An Airbnb host's work is never done!

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Quincy flying home from NZ to get into the swing of fully booked till the end of February guests staying between 3 to 7 nights. 

Enjoy your break Quincy ours with our daughter was worth it by being together.

Sheila646
Level 9
Elizabeth, CO

Happy holidays, Quincy. Here on the Plains the plan was to have the kids over for Christmas Eve and day, host a little neighborhood gathering, and celebrate my Pop's 97th birthday on New Year's Eve. Oh, and flip the house three times for the four holiday bookings. Whew!

Then Pop took a tumble at a local restaurant and ended up in the emergency room. He's on the mend, but frustrated by his body failing him. And we had a deep freeze and a 30 cm snow storm that have required us to make extra accommodations for our guests. Tomorrow I meet my nine year old great niece, so my husband is in charge of the neighborhood party. As disconcerting and extra busy as this all makes us, we are encouraged that life is going on all around us and we are part of it. We are able and willing to pick up prescriptions, haul in firewood, shovel snow, and do something called ninja obstacle course with a nine year old. LOL! Happy holidays! Happy life!

Farm Diva