Should I mention a guest's lack of reviews in my review

Stephanie365
Level 10
Fredericksburg, VA

Should I mention a guest's lack of reviews in my review

My latest guest was not the greatest guest. Not the absolute worst, but considering she is a host herself my hosting experience was a disappointment on many levels. She ceased communicating with me after I declined her DEMAND to be allowed to check in early. (I don't think so, sweetheart). Numerous house rules violated, general disrespect and the icing on the cake was leaving all the lights on when she left and not locking my home. I know she won't be happy with my review, but quite frankly I don't care. It is well-deserved.

In going through her reviews, I notice she has been both a host and a guest. She has left no reviews at all as a guest and only 2-3 (out of 200+) as a host. I am planning on waiting until day 14 to leave a review, to see if she bothers reviewing me. Based on her history, I doubt she will.

I really want to mention her lack of reviews to future hosts and guests. That her lack of participation in the review process is part of why she does not embody the spirit of AirBNB and why I wouldn't host her again. And by waiting until the last minute to see if she reviews me (doubtful) before submitting my review, I can definitely show that I personally experienced her lack of reviews. 

Am I being too persnickety because she really rubbed me the wrong way or should I mention it as a warning to future hosts and guests?

16 Replies 16

@Stephanie365 

I'd be inclined to leave a review pointing out that she effectively abandoned your property, leaving it unsecured on departure.  That should give the majority of hosts an idea of whether she's the kind of guest they might like.

Stephanie365
Level 10
Fredericksburg, VA

Well, I waited until the last minute and she stayed true to form and didn't leave a review. 

I did review her and did not recommend her to others. I made a point of stating that she left my home unlocked when she left and for this reason I cannot recommend her to other hosts as this is completely unacceptable.

I concluded my post with saying "Based on my experience, S---- just does not seem to embody the spirit of the AirBNB Homeshare Community and my feelings on this are reinforced by her lack of participation in the review process, both as a guest and as a host."