So long Airbnb

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

So long Airbnb

nopend.jpg

After hosting 395+ stays we are moving on. We may relist our cabin down the road, but all of our listings are off the market now. Grateful (mostly) for the adventure and the education, and for the shared experience of the community center. Best wishes to all and here's to 2022!

27 Replies 27
Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Lisa723 thank you for your encouraging words to Airbnb hosts. May your new moving adventure in 2022 be a positive change, new environment and neighbours.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

It's been lovely sharing this space with you @Lisa723 - your witty, intelligent posts will be sorely missed!

Here's to your next adventure and I hope we cross paths again! 🥂🥂🥂

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

@Lisa723I will certainly miss you! One day I hope to make my own similar exit. Best of luck on the next stage of your journey.

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Lisa723  Sorry to see you go, but hopefully we'll still see you around the CC every once in a while. 🙂

It sounds like you've got some very nice plans for 2022, so best of luck with everything!

Kalleen2
Level 2
Kirkland, WA

Hi Lisa,

I saw your comment in the Community Center about taking Airbnb to court. I'm in a situation where I feel I don't have any other choice. I was wondering if you could lend some advice?

Thank you in advance.

Kalleen

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Kalleen2 

This post is quite old, so I thought I'd say hello, as you might not get a reply from OP.

I was wondering if you could give us an outline of your current situation so that we can try to help.  The Community Center isn't a formal branch of Airbnb Support, but we can usually escalate any concerns to the right team.

Feel free to @ me or drop me a private message.

Jenny

-----

Jenny,

Do you work for Airbnb?

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Kalleen2 

I'm an Online Community Manager who is part of the team who looks after the Airbnb Community Center.

The Community Center isn't a formal branch of Airbnb Support, so we don't have access to Support systems, but we can usually escalate any concerns over the the relevant teams.

I can see that you gave more information to @Lisa723 so I'll pass that over to Support.

Jenny

-----

@Kalleen2 I'm not able to direct message you since it looks like you're not a host, but I'm happy to answer any questions about my experience. In brief I filed in small claims court to recover host payments Airbnb retroactively reversed, Airbnb did not respond to the suit so I won by default, and they paid the judgment.

Hi Lisa,

Thank you so much for responding. Which address did you mail the court information to Airbnb? I found an office in Seattle and two in San Francisco. I think the one at 888 Brannon St is the headquarters.

@Kalleen2 

888 Brannan Street, San Francisco, CA 94103 Attn: Legal.

Are you a member of the FB group Airbnb Professional Hosts Washington?

Hi Lisa,

No, I'm not a member. I'm not a host. The issue happened when I rented a place and the pipes busted when we weren't there leaving the main floor in a foot of water, which created damage to our electronic items. It was a terrible mess...including needing to relocate which left us stranded till after 10pm that night. I've been trying to get Airbnb to do the right thing and they've decided I am not eligible for help because I didn't let them know soon enough. I contacted them within 30 minutes of this happening and they "helped" us to relocate because of the damage but won't reimburse me for the laptop. Really disappointed in the lack of integrity and follow up...

Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.

Hey Lisa!  I see you are off the airbnb journey now!  I saw your post when searching the forum.  I love that you said you list 3 properties 7 different ways.  I have a quadplex that I want to list 7 different ways.  The 2 units on either side can be blocked off together (b/c it used to be a duplex) and then we can rent the whole quadplex for larger groups, as well as each individual unit.

I just wanted to see if you think that sounds like it will be accepted on airbnb without any issues?  I may consider posting each unit as a MTR versus STR also.  

do you have any thoughts or advice?  thank you and hope your properties are doing well:) Sandra