Stains on mattress??

Alaska6
Level 2
Boston, MA

Stains on mattress??

Hey there,

I found these stains [see pic] on my mattress just after my last guests checked out. I double checked online to make sure it wasn't signs of bed bugs, it doesn't seem like it since the stains are very different than that of the pics online [the ones online show individual circle blood stains and mine looks like more of a spread out stain of a different color], and the one small black bug I did see, looked nothing like any of the bed bugs in the pics online [the ones in the their pics are all red-brown or brown and had specific looking legs], but I'd still like to get a second opinion from you guys. I also did a check of the couch [where the mattress was] and my own bed and there are no stains or any other bugs, eggs/casings anywhere.

Still want someone else to look at this just in case!

I wonder if this is a stain that the guests could have caused? It was a couple, and there was a sheet over the mattress, but I don't know if it's possible that their fluids could have caused the staining somehow? It wasn't like this before they checked in. I also wonder, since the stains are really only on 1 area of the mattress, it's not all over the mattress, what's up with that? I just got this mattress too [it's actually just a mattress pad topper since I use it to make the couch guests sleep on more comfy] and I'm unsure why there would be stains on it so soon.

I also use red sheets, so I don't know if that could have caused the stain? 

Thanks!!

IMG_0774.jpgIMG_0773.jpgIMG_0772.jpg

2 Replies 2
Normen0
Level 10
Canada

@Alaska6 Spilled coffee?

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Alaska6 

In right order of most likely:

- Spilled something on it, like coffee

- Guest been sitting on it with wet clothes or (leaking)bagage

- Remains of (cleaning up) body fluids or feaces from human or animal

- Matras has been laid on wet (wooden) floor

- Guest died and been found after at least a week.....

If matras is pure white, try spraying an anti-mould spray (the stuff you use in a bathroom) on it.

It will bleach especilaly when stains are caused  by "human" fluids.