Summer 2022 Release 56 Categories

Susan990
Level 10
Redmond, OR

Summer 2022 Release 56 Categories

Why did Airbnb eliminate from the categories list Guesthouse* Studio* Cottage* ?

Those 3 traditional summer vacation rental types are recognized globally. They all

were presented in the previous format in the Types section which was about a dozen-

now there are 56 categories (types) and they are gone.  Gone too are my Guesthouse

Studio Cottage listings from search function.  Hosting since 2013 and it keeps getting 

weirder.  

Susan
55 Replies 55
Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

thanks @Jenny  and don't forget to add to that feedback that we'd like a per pet per night option as well. next week i have someone bringing 2 dogs for a whole week and they are only paying an extra $30 for that. 

Helen56
Level 10
San Diego, CA

I have a private room in my house that I've rented out on airbnb for several years.  When I do a regular search in San Diego it shows up.  However, the listing's name is changed from 'Bright room in tranquil setting' to 'Private room in Linda Vista' which is not what I want it to be called.

If I click the 'shared homes'  button then my listing does not appear at all, even though it is a shared home.

@Jenny Please get airbnb to:

1. restore our listings' names.

2. let hosts choose our preferred categories - we know our areas best.

3. Even better: Ditch the new categories and go back to how it was before.

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Helen56 

Thanks for this.

I've passed on the feedback to Airbnb for you.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Jenny 

My humble thoughts about this new rollout. Absolute garbage.

Truly, I believe that the new system is very flawed and ultimately the hosts will pay the price (again) literally. Searches & categories don't  work properly, listing titles are randomly changed, preview prices are higher the nightly rates without any explanation of the discrepancy. For example, preview listing shows $180 per night, but click on the listing itself to get details and the amount changes to $135 per night. Just enough to drive away guests.

Really Airbnb, quit relying on AI, go back to the last version and LISTEN to real hosts and guests.

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

I hear you, @M199, thanks for feeding back on why it's not working for you.  I've made sure to include your thoughts in our feedback.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

I've asked a few times, who was consulted about this roll-out? Does the Host Advisory Board have any input to share? 

@Gillian166 

Does the Host Advisory Board have any input to share? 

Brilliant question. I would love to know the answer. 

@Laura2592  It's really odd to see some HAB members now making fluff posts, mere distractions going over old ground, but they haven't bothered to get involved in these more important threads. 

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Gillian166 wrote:

@Laura2592  It's really odd to see some HAB members now making fluff posts, mere distractions going over old ground, but they haven't bothered to get involved in these more important threads. 

@Gillian166 The members of the Host Advisory Board are first and foremost Hosts, and can use the Community Center to discuss a variety of things that they are personally interested in or facing, just like all of you. 🙂

We had explained a bit more in-depth as well here why they often aren't able to discuss what they are working on alongside the wider Airbnb teams, as well as why we Community Managers might not either. We'll however continue to share as much as we can with you all, as and when we get more updates or info!

Thanks, 

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

@Emilie  yes, i'm on a board too, and i'm well aware of the restrictions placed on board members when it comes to forums. There's an unspoken rule that we have to be on "team company" even if i'm also a normal part of the business and I disagree with some policies. I don't often see those HAB members posting regularly, they seem to do the same kind of fun, helpful but fluffy posts that our mods do.

I can only assume you haven't had any feedback from HQ about the recent changes.  

Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

It's quite obvious there is no one trained in crisis communications at Airbnb. Their silence speaks VOLUMES.