Super host status/refurbishment work

Super host status/refurbishment work

Hi all,

I would like to introduce myself in the community. I am glad to see that a lot of interaction takes place and a lot of support.
My name is Anastasia and I have been hosting my apartment on Airbnb for less than a year and a half. A year ago I became a super host and I have been trying hard to keep this status during these difficult times. At the beginning of 2021 we are planning to do some refurbishment work in the apartment for 2-3 weeks, so we need to put it offline. Does this affect my superhost status as well as my ranking as my apartment is always ranked highly. 
Thank you.

Best Regards,

Anastasia

6 Replies 6
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

Anastasia, this is a perfect time to do that, because Airbnb is waiving the “number of stays” and “cancellations” requirements for the March Superhost evaluation. Just continue to do well on your response times and overall review score.

Not sure about the search ranking - my guess is that if Airbnb looks at the “most recent activity” metrics, your ranking may go down temporarily with fewer bookings and search hits due to the offline period. Not sure, though, maybe @Lizzie, @Katie or @Nick  can find out.

Pat

Thank you so much Pat 🙂😍

Debra300
Top Contributor
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Anastasia296,

I wouldn't recommend that you take your listing offline or snooze it, but instead just block the calendar dates that you plan to do the renovations.  Your listings still get views, and available to accept early bookings for dates after the refurb is completed.

Don't just believe what I say, check the Airbnb Help Center

Thank you so much Debra🙂😍

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Anastasia296 and welcome to the Community!

As your fellow hosts  @Pat271 and @Debra300 suggested, there is no need for you to snooze your listing. You can block out the days you need for the renovations (maybe add a few more than those actually required to be on the safe side), and then you can keep hosting as you'd typically do.

It's always exciting to have work done in the house, although at the time it can bit a bit daunting. Hope it all goes well, and don't forget, you can always let us know how it turned out 🙂

By the way, my colleague @Quincy recently started a thread with ways to spruce up a place that might come in handy. 

Good luck with everything!

Thank you so much Nick🙂🌲