Support Earthquake Relief Efforts in Turkiye through Hosting Experiences

Answered!
Atilla9
Level 1
İstanbul Province, Turkey

Support Earthquake Relief Efforts in Turkiye through Hosting Experiences

Hello everyone,

I am writing here to ask for support in raising awareness and funds for the recent earthquake that has struck Turkey. As some projections indicate, the number of deaths from the earthquake could climb to 70,000, and possibly more. The earthquake has seriously affected 10 cities, including three beautiful cities and many small towns, leaving them in total ruins. The earthquake has left hundreds of thousands of people homeless, jobless, and grieving the loss of their loved ones. This is the worst disaster in the history of the Turkish Republic which will take years to recover, and there are no words to describe the sadness and desperation felt by so many.

Despite these challenging circumstances, some of us are inspired by the determination of so many to help the survivors heal their wounds and get their lives back. I believe that by working together, we can make a positive impact and provide meaningful support to those affected by the earthquake.

As a host on Airbnb, I would like to make a personal commitment to support the earthquake relief efforts in Turkey. For each experience I host until July, I will make a donation of 15 USD to a local organization 'Ahbap' or to your support channel, airbnb.org.

I hope that by making this pledge, I can inspire others to do the same and collectively, we can make a significant difference in the lives of those affected by the earthquake.

One idea I had to further support this cause is to create a "Donator" tag on our profiles to show our commitment to the earthquake relief efforts in Turkey. This would help raise awareness and encourage others to support the cause as well.

As a member of the Airbnb community, I believe Airbnb have a unique voice and platform to reach a large and engaged audience. I would be honored if Airbnb could use its voice more to raise awareness and support for the earthquake relief efforts in Turkey. Whether it be through sharing information on your social media channels, hosting an experience to raise funds, or any other creative idea you may have, every little bit can help make a difference.

1 Best Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Atilla9 ,

As we said previously, we really appreciate your thoughts and how you wish to help fellow countrymen!

I wanted to share this with you thinking it would be of some help: Airbnb is matching donations following the Türkiye and Syria earthquakes. Please find more details in that post.

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Atilla9 ,

Thank you for sharing your heartfelt message to support the earthquake relief efforts in Turkey. It's heartbreaking to hear about the devastating impact it has had on so many people and their communities.

Your commitment to making a personal donation for each experience you host on Airbnb is a wonderful way to support the relief efforts.

Kudos to your thinking and human efforts🙌

-----

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Atilla9 ,

As we said previously, we really appreciate your thoughts and how you wish to help fellow countrymen!

I wanted to share this with you thinking it would be of some help: Airbnb is matching donations following the Türkiye and Syria earthquakes. Please find more details in that post.

-----

Airbnb, you are great as always!