Suspended listing without any information from airbnb

Suspended listing without any information from airbnb

Airbnb suspended all 3 of my listings without informing me. I just happened to open up my calendar and that's when i saw that all of my listings are suspended without any info why and for how long. I have send them a message about this and the operator told me only that somebody from some department will contact me but still i got no info on when will that be and why and for how long is this suspension.

9 Replies 9
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Flairville-Apartments0  Have you had any problem guests recently who might have contacted Airbnb with a complaint? Or have you been declining lots of bookings?

Im not declining any reservations, since covid bussines is really slow so i accept all. I had roofers replacing tiles on other house in my yard while i had guests, but they worked only for 3 days 08-15h no heavy machinery or power tools being used just couple of guy replacing rooftiles. You think that those guests might complained? Even if so why airbnb did not informed me about any complaint or provide a reason or information about suspension at all?

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Flairville-Apartments0 

Your three listings are still on your homepage, but are not in the search system anymore and also can not be viewed.

Airbnb will not allways tell you why the listings are suspended.

Some reasons can be:

- Violation of Airbnb terms or standards, violation of  local laws

- Complaints from guests or neighbours etc..

- Safety issues

In most cases hosts do already know themself what could be the reason, especially if there were recent issues with a guest. Your recent review mentioned "party" (?)

Yes, a party. Bars in Serbia are open i was with my guests at a bar. There was no party at my place, i even have no party policy. The closest to a party was 4 of us sitting at a table and they left a 5 star review so i dont see why should that be any of problem here.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Flairville-Apartments0  Well, it's too bad the guest mentioned "party" in her review- the Airbnb algorithm probably flagged it. She obviously just meant you were fun to hang out with, but algorithms don't consider context. 

You might have to ask that guest to contact Airbnb to explain what she meant- that there wasn't any party at the house, that the host simply went out for a drink with their group of 3 people and everyone had a good time.

well i do not know the real reason for suspension that's why i would like airbnb to inform hosts about a reason so that we can resolve it. You and i can just guess about the reason now. Even if that word"party" was the reason for suspension i dont see why it is airbnbs problem, the covid laws in my country allow 5 people gatherings so it was all done accordingly. 

@Flairville-Apartments0  No, Airbnb has taken a hard line about parties, so mentioning "party" is a problem. It has nothing to do with Covid restrictions- it has to do with the bad press Airbnb has gotten for rager parties where homes get trashed, neighbors get disturbed, and people have been hurt and even shot.

They have even suspended listings where hosts have said that events and parties are allowed only with the owner's permission, and listings the neighbors have reported.

Well if that is the case and the only problem here is just that one word then airbnbs rules and alghorithams are just plain stupid. My apartments are legitimate bussines registered in my country and there should be no airbnbs concern about my own business rules here if i am doing everything by the laws of my country.

But let's not forget that i have another possible reason for suspension beside this "party word in review" and that is that other guests might complained about the roofers doing their job while they were staying at my place.

Whatever is the reason for suspension it would be normal thing for airbnb to inform hosts about it so we can resolve it asap.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Flairville-Apartments0  Yes, that would be the logical, sane thing for Airbnb to do. But they are neither logical nor sane. 

Hosts have their listings suspended and Airbnb refuses to tell them why. Then at some point, after the host has been contacting them daily, they will tell the host they are relisting them, but to make sure not to do what they did again that got them suspended. When the host says they have no idea why they got suspended, can they please be informed, Airbnb says no, that's private information, just don't do it again or they will be permanently delisted. It's truly Kafkaesque.

Or a guest will file a complaint that the host had surveillance cameras, even though the host clearly states in their listing info that there are cameras. Instead of the Airbnb rep taking 3 minutes to look at the listing to confirm that the cameras are disclosed, they suspend the listing, pending an "investigation". Then, 2 or 3 weeks later, when the host has been deprived of their income and been phoning daily, someone in Airbnb land finally looks at the listing and says "Okay, we see you do disclose the cameras in your listing ad. We'll lift the suspension now".

Without any apology, of course.