Syncing Airbnb Calendar and Google Calendar: A Community Help Guide

Answered!
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Syncing Airbnb Calendar and Google Calendar: A Community Help Guide

-----------------Updated June 2017--------------------

An updated version of this Community Guide is now available, click here to view.

------------------------------------------------------------

If this How To Guide helps you, give it a thumbs up at the bottom of this post

One feature of Airbnb I really like is the ability to sync my Airbnb calendar with my Google Calendar and vice versa.  I have seen this topic posted several times and some people are having issues with it so here is another How To Guide.

When you sync your calendars together properly, you can add a booking from other sites or outside bookings on your Google Calendar and they will sync with the Airbnb calendar.  If you get a booking on the Airbnb calendar, it will automatically sync with your Google Calendar.  This syncing is not instant but it is fast enough for me.  I only have one listing so I will not be covering how to set this up for multiple listings which can be done..

The first thing you need to do is have a Google account and access your Google Calendar.

Step 1: Create a Calendar for Airbnb.  If you already have a calendar created, go to “Step 3”.

Go to “My calendars” and click on the down arrow and choose “Create new calendar”

cal1.png

Step 2: Give your calendar a name and then click “Create calendar”

cal2.png

Step 3: Under “Calendar Address”, choose “Change sharing settings”.

cal6.png

Step 4: In order for this calendar to sync with the Airbnb calendar, you need to choose, “Make this calendar public”.  If you only choose this box, the title of booking will show AND the details.  If you choose “Share only my free/busy information” as well, it will only show on your Airbnb calendar that you are busy.  I choose to show the details by only selecting “Make this calendar public” as I do not include any private details.

cal7.png

Step 5: You will need to get the “Calendar address” to import this calendar into the Airbnb calendar.  To do this, go to “Calendar address” and click on the “ICAL” button.  

cal5.png

Step 6: Copy the calendar address as you will need to paste this into the Airbnb “Availability Settings” section.

cal8.png

You are now ready to import this Google Calendar into your Airbnb calendar.

IMPORTING Google Calendar Into Your Listing Calendar on Airbnb

Step 1: Log into your Airbnb account and go to your listing.

manage listing 1.png

Step 2: While viewing your calendar, click on “Availability settings” on the top right hand corner and then choose “Import Calendar”.

cal3.png

Step 3: Take the “Calendar address” you copied from your Google Calendar and paste it into the “Calendar Address (URL)” Box.  Name your calendar as well.  I just use the same name I used in Google Calendar.  Then choose “Import Calendar”.

cal9.png

Step 4: Your Google Calendar will now sync with your Airbnb calendar.  To test it out, enter some dates on your Google Calendar.  Then go back into the Airbnb site and under “Availability settings”, go to your synced calendar and choose the refresh image above the trash can.  Then check you Airbnb calendar and see if the Google Event copied to your Airbnb calendar. You may need to refresh your browser to see the changes.  

cal10.png

cal12.png

cal13.png

EXPORTING Your Airbnb Calendar to Google Calendar

Step 1: Log into your Airbnb account and go to your listing calendar.  Choose “Availability Settings” from the top right hand corner and then choose “Export Calendar”.

cal14.png

Step 2: You will then be given an address for your Airbnb calendar.  Highlight and copy the link.

cal15.png

Step 3: Go into your Google Calendar and choose the dropdown arrow beside “Other calendars” and then select “Add by URL”

cal16.png

Step 4: Paste the Airbnb address you copied in Step 2 into the URL box and then select “Add Calendar”.

cal17.png

Step 5: Check to make sure both calendars are syncing properly.  To ensure the Airbnb calendar is syncing properly, hit the refresh icon in the “Sync Calendars” section and then refresh your browser.  If you do not refresh your browser, you will likely not see the changes from your Google Calendar but they will have taken place.

This is what my two calendars look like:

Google Calendar: you will want to toggle the two calendars on by making sure there is a color in each box beside the name of the calendar.

cal19.png

Airbnb Calendar

cal18.png

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

1 Best Answer
Geraldo10
Level 2
Dublin, Ireland

This post is so useful! Thank you so much! 🙂

View Best Answer in original post

39 Replies 39

Ignore. I figured it out!

Kern-And-Anne0
Level 2
Asheville, NC

Well, rather new to all this:  I simply have my ongoing Google Calendar and manually add BNB reservation times to it.  I am not that computerese, even following directions which were VERY well done, and will work if followed.  Dave did an excellent job on this. Kern

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Great to hear you found this useful @Kern-And-Anne0

(Lovely praise here @Dave-and-Deb0 🙂 )

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Geraldo10
Level 2
Dublin, Ireland

This post is so useful! Thank you so much! 🙂

Andrew302
Level 1
Palm Desert, CA

Brilliant guide...works a treat..thank you

Edward76
Level 1
Miami, FL

I set Google Calendar>Airbnb Calendar and then Airbnb Calendar>Google Calendar.  It worked, but it populated my Airbnb calendar with my Google Calendar events. Didn't like that so I divorced both sides.

Then I tried to just export Airbnb calendar URL into Google Calendar. Got that setup, but Airbnb either does not send info to Google Calendar or Google Calendar doesn't like what Airbnb is saying. I waited the 12 hours required. No joy.

Any guidance as to what I am doing wrong would be appreciated.

Keisha7
Level 2
Devonshire, Bermuda

This guide helped perfectly. Thank you!

Glendy1
Level 2
Madrid, Spain

Fantastic, Thank you very much!!! it was not clear at all in the portal.

Liz193
Level 2
Denver, CO

I am having trouble exporting the airbnb calendar into another calendar.  I have tried with Google and with the iCal app on my phone and computer....

When I initially export to google or apple, the bookings show up beautifully, but it does not continue to sync.  Anything that is booked after my export will not show up unless I go through all the steps to export a new calendar.

Anyone else having this issue or know what I am doing wrong?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for your participation here. I just wanted to let you know that there is now an updated version of this Community Guide, click here to view.

I will now close this topic for new posts. 

Thank you,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.