Texts from Airbnb/Spam/wrong number

Miriam92
Level 1
Mannheim, Germany

Texts from Airbnb/Spam/wrong number

Hello,

I couldn't find a way to directly contact Airbnb so I'll try it this way.

I've been receiving text messages from "Airbnb" or so it says, first one in Spanish confirming a booking (located in the US), the other ones in English that seem to come from a host.

I've not booked anything nor does Airbnb have this number, so there has either been a mistake or it's spam. I live in Germany.

The number is +49 15735993885. Can anyone confirm if this is an official Airbnb number or how to let Airbnb know about this spam?

Thank you for your help.

41 Replies 41
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

Marit, that didn't answer the OP's question at all.

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Miriam92,

This does sound strange. I would suggest logging into your account (not following any links from the text) and if you cannot see the booking mentioned in the text or anything else suspicious, it is likely to be a scam message. If you can see the booking on your account, your account may have been hacked and you will need to contact Airbnb.

There is a Help guide here explaining how to recognise if an email is from Airbnb or not that you may find useful, although it doesn't explain how to recognise suspicious text messages. At the bottom however, it does explain how to report a scam to Airbnb (report.phishing@airbnb.com).

Kirstie

I also have a similar issue. In my case I don't think it's spam but rather that someone forgot to update their phone number in their account. I keep getting "Kyle's" Airbnb reservation interactions on my new work cell number. I double checked my account activities and everything is fine and it's connected to my personal cell.

Leisa5
Level 1
Santa Fe, NM

This is why I cancelled airbnb. Vrbo is soooooooo much better! Do not bother with airbnbs every changing freaky formats and policies.

Siew9
Level 1
Vancouver, Canada

I am also receiving texts about booking confirmations and messages between hosts and guests. When I reply unsubscribe it opens up the Airbnb app. I messaged the support team about this issue and they said they’d get back to me in 24 hours. It’s been a month and I still haven’t heard anything.

Sarah2426
Level 1
Ashland, MA

I have received over 10 text messages with a verification code to sign in to my account, but I haven't tried accessing my account - makes me think someone is trying to hack me! Mine come from a 223-95 number and they all say the same thing with just a different 4 digit code. 

I am having this problem too. Over the last 2 days I've been receiving these texts around the clock. Hopefully airbnb is monitoring this and has an answer because I may try to cancel my account.

Same here, hoping there is an update here with a solution. It's becoming pretty annoying, I've gotten around two dozen so far.

Olivia368
Level 1
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

I'm having this problem too! Over the last week I have been sent 12 different codes from 6 different numbers but when signing in see nowhere that is asking for a code?! 

I'm in Spain and I have this same problem. I have received maybe 25 SMS messages since last friday, from several different numbers, all of them seem to be legit numbers. I opened a discussion in the contact page at airbnb.com but they have not yet answered.

Exactly the same thing "This is your code for AirBnB, don't share it with anyone Airbnb employees will never ask for it".

I work on IT and I'm thinking some process from a test environment is running and they haven't realized or something like that...

Same here. I have gotten 3 text different codes all from 223-95 number. What is going on and how can we stop this????  

Same here!

Me too! What's going on, AirBnB? 

As instructed by the AirBnB page, I tried texting STOP to end the texts, but they keep coming. 

Nothing is wrong with my account, as far as I can tell.