The New Desktop Homepage

The New Desktop Homepage

The new desktop homepage, while it looks pretty, is confusing, disorganized, and absolute trash. I loved being able to see a stats breakdown on the homepage and the sidebar with notifications. It's motivating, a great snapshot of your month and other performance indicators, was generally nice to see as one of the top items on the page. Now it takes 3 clicks and associated load times just to see your overall rating. 

Changing the Performance tab to Insights is just plain stupid. Was there a dictionary or thesaurus available in the UI/UX department? You gain insight from studying your performance metrics, so it really makes no sense to change the category to insights.

Most of all, the upcoming/current reservations list was organized easy to read, now we have this side scroll thing that no longer displays the day of the week and only gives you the date and how many days until they arrive. This is the one that really gets me. I host multiple listings in my house, and the previous system made it easy to see what activity would occur on a given day. This just makes that harder to do, especially since there is no way to combine my listings into one calendar on the Airbnb site. 

Here's me being snarky. I would like to remind UI/UX developers and their paymasters that there is this wonderful system called Community Beta Testing. It's a fantastic resource to test changes and receive feedback from the actual daily users of the website. If there actually was a beta, you chose your testers poorly.

17 Replies 17

Totally agree, I have been hosting with Airbnb for 8 years & have never found the platform so difficult to navigate, takes so much more time trying to find reservations & I hate the Today page, totally useless. Change for change sake is pointless. I also don't need a message telling me I have a booking coming today, I am totally aware of this. 

The website still sux. Just trying to go from here back to my listing, calendar or inbox is horribly annoying and SLOW and it makes me reluctant to come here, although I love the community forum.

Yes, I’m aware that you have “higher than expected call volume.” Apparently you always do, so when are you going to revise your expectations?

And PLEASE, if I accidentally touch the wrong icon, do not redirect me to your “traveller page.” If I want to go somewhere I’ll say so.

Jeremiah26
Level 2
Denver, CO

I came here for a discussion on the new Desktop Calendar mentioned in the Nov 9 2021 updates, this appears to be a topic on an older update? I like insights (on a computer browser, not on the mobile app) and am very interested in the Desktop Calendar but it's been a month and I do not have it.