Unable to send messages through the Community Centre - non urgent but ongoing and frustrating.

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Unable to send messages through the Community Centre - non urgent but ongoing and frustrating.

Hi @Stephanie , @Nick  @Liv  @Quincy 

I do hope you don’t mind me tagging you all, but I have no way of getting out my concern.

I cannot send any messages to yourselves or other CC users. This has been the case for a few months and am wondering why? I have only responded to messages sent to me, not created any for months. But I did have a concern I wanted to raise, but currently I can’t, and won’t do it publicly. BTW, not about any CC users.   😁

I can create a message by going to your profile page in the CC. I cannot for the life of me create any new message to anyone, via the message page. It will not provide any user name links once I’ve typed in a known user’s name. 

But no matter whether I have created it through a persons profile page ( send message link) or write a message directly on the massage page, nothing will send. I can’t preview a message as it just scrolls as if it’s opening,  but it doesn’t.  I keep trying to hit send, but I get messages that tell me I’m not allowed.  

So the bottom line might be, have I been banned from sending messages? If so, it would be good to know.  🙂

I’ve even tried to send a message via a previous message thread, to no avail. So writing about it here, or the host circle are my only options to find out what’s going on.

Thanks for listening….. 💐8BAE3E99-814E-45EB-BB24-4D8A5EB1E5DE.jpeg

😞

Cathie

4 Replies 4
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya,

100% you have NOT been banned from sending messages or anything else @Cathie19 , this has to be a bug. I had shared this before with the providers of this forum platform so I will chase asap. 

So so sorry about this!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Thanks @Stephanie, that’s a relief!

Phew!  (Wipes brow…)

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Hi again @Stephanie. After getting through from your message, it now won’t let me respond any further…. CFAC72E0-E751-4FBA-BADF-D8EEFA9003E9.jpeg

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

@Nick No luck sending you a DM message through a new window….. 

User names link, won’t appear when a name is typed. Thanks to you and @Stephanie for working  on it and trying to get to the bottom off this. I seriously don’t have many messages in my mail box. Most of my responses over the months or tonight have been very short, except one a bit longer to Steph tonight.  

Thanks my friends,  but I’m off to bed….  00:58 here. 💐🌙️ zzzzz