Vacasa scam alert

Vacasa scam alert

This was my first time using air bnb and I’m getting scammed. I left the house that Vacasa host on May 7th we left it spotless and clean up out courtesy of course. Vacasa reached out for a review and I gave them 5 stars, they responded with 5 stars for me saying “it was amazing hosting me”. 2 weeks later I get email for a reimbursement request for $1,050!!! Apparently getting charged for broken blinds, a punched door, and excessive cleaning?. The reimbursement used photos of mess that was not me and photos I BELIVE they found online! What do I do I have no proof of how I left the house, this is my first time booking and I can’t believe I’ve been so stupid.

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jaclynn5 First thing to do is ignore them (or perhaps reply saying they must have the wrong person). Did the request come through Airbnb or direct from Vacasa? If the latter then report the host for trying to extort money from you. Secondly take a screen shot of their review of you just in case it disappears in future. Thirdly  don't book with Vacasa ever again. They have a bad reputation as, sadly, do many of the mega hosts out there. Book with individual hosts who have far more skin in the game.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

You have nothing to proof, you had a nice stay, got a nice review. Ah the crazy bill?  Yep, ignore it, is not like you be using Vacasa again.