Which quarantine listing type are you?

Bez8
Host Advisory Board Member
Vancouver, Canada

Which quarantine listing type are you?

On a lighter note, 

I came across this from a post in the community leader group. 

We've had a lot of guests quarantining in our home. 

Which of the following best describes your listing?

I would have to say House #1 for us. 

Have you changed your listing to accommodate quarantine related bookings?

IMG_6944.JPG

10 Replies 10
Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Bez8,

We renovated each of our guest suites into self-contained studios.  However, we've not been yet allowed by the St. Lucian government to host guests who require quarantine, and most of countries where guests travel from have lockdowns or banned flights to our region (yes, I am talking about Pierre's son, Justin).  When we are able to host again, folks will be on quarantine, they will have to stay isolated on site, and probably only allowed outside on the balcony or garden.  

House 7

Netflix

Outdoor eating on balcony or in garden

Mountain or garden views

Bez8
Vancouver, Canada

@Debra300 

Canada just released some stringent laws for travellers entering the country. I hope this attempt will result in a brighter future. 

I've never been to Saint Lucia! I would love to come and visit 

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

@Debra300  & @Debra300, we are a sample pack of:

House 1:

- snacks/ breakfast items

- Netflix* (* if you have your own account, as we Chromecast/ “mirror”) 

: BUT we have unlimited wifi for guests to access.

House 6:

- Swimming Pool

-  NEVER a fire pit or an outdoor fireplace with our temperatures!  
- Though you can add a bbq!

et all the other houses?

- Never a porch swing, gym or home theatre, but plenty of spaces and courtyard with outdoor furniture, garden sculptures, with open views or hidden spots of the tropical gardens and the pool. 
- no fish pond, but across the wet season, we have a wet area which after noisy procreations (sound like a chorus of ducks), tadpoles can be seen growing! ( green tree frogs) 🐸
- BUT we also offer quite a few books, dvds and board games to get families through any activities. Even some packet popcorn to microwave if they have kids (not toddlers) or are themselves big kids, who seem movie buffs!

@Bez8 , your tag disappeared for the response above. 🙂

Bez8
Vancouver, Canada

@Cathie19 

mmmmm popcorn

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Cathie19,

I should have stated that the guests will have to supply their own streaming accounts (Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.).  We also do provide some microwave popcorn, but no other snacks.  Since many foods are costly on island, I tell guests that it would be worthwhile for them to pack a small box of their preferred foods, and pay the checked bag fee, if necessary, because it will still cost less than buying (or not finding) them on island.  

We also provide portable LP gas grills to bbq on the balcony, but guests will also have to bring their own books and games.  

Here's the updated house type description:

House 7

Netflix (guest's account) with microwave popcorn

Outdoor eating and/or bbq on the balcony or in garden

Mountain or garden views usually with sea breeze

Melodie-And-John0
Level 10
Munnsville, NY

Bearpath Lodging is definitely more lie a 2 & 5 stay!   JR

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

We are House 2 except "fishing pond" would be "hiking trails nearby."

Nutth0
Chiang Mai, Thailand

@Bez8 My house is House#5 but also with Netflix 😁  

Dimitar27
Level 10
Sofia, Bulgaria

For me will fit #5.

During the worst part of the quarantine and lockdown, I was out with my bike almost every day, making 30-40 km trips around the city and to the nearby villages. Of course, using secondary roads where was no possibility to meet many people (or police).