Why should I have a trouble in getting the full refund for the reservation where I didn't check in?

Why should I have a trouble in getting the full refund for the reservation where I didn't check in?

This is the listing:

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/41835354?source_impression_id=p3_1659553075_Xz95ouu57zwmCsk4

and this is what I got:

IMG_2885.jpegIMG_2886.jpeg

I have paid $259 and I got back $154 only.

I didn't check in the different property and refused to check in and told the host that I want to get the full refund.

Afterward, I'm having a trouble to get the full refund.

I did nothing wrong but using AirBNB.

This will destroy the reputation of AirBNB.

I regret using AirBNB. and starting to reduce the bookings I've made.

I'm an avid traveler.  it is really frustrating...  Compared with Agoda.com, it is far from being good.

I have to get back using Agoda.com from now on.

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Sungwook1 

Your case seem to be a "travel issue", as explained here:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/3028/travel-issues-eligible-for-refunds

section:  "Place isn’t as it was described in the listing description"

Did you follow the procedure as decribed  in the article ?

Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

It depends on the host’s cancellation policy. 

Now since the property was different from the listing and you could not resolve the issue with the host, hopefully you contacted airbnb immediately and had them cancel the reservation. 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Gwen386 @Emiel1 

Okay, but that's a pretty radical difference. How can you even list a dorm with at least six bunks as a private room with shared bath?

If what the OP says is true, this host should be delisted.

@Totally agree @Huma0  

Louise0
Level 10
New South Wales, Australia

What's with the hostel photo?  Is that 'window' on the left of entrance photoshopped in or just really bad trompe l'oeil?