access to property restrictions

Ashley1354
Level 1
Kinlochard, United Kingdom

access to property restrictions

Hi, I am a new host and am running a holiday cottage in a remote part of Scotland.

My guests are arriving today and this morning have discovered that the road is closed for resurfacing between the hours of 9am and 12pm then 1pm to 4pm. The closure will continue at those times for the next 3 days which will severely limit the access to the property.

I have just informed them of the restrictions and they are currently considering their options although they are not happy - which I totally understand. Can anyone offer any advise as to how I might handle the situation.

There is plenty for them to do within the restriction zone but they may have other plans to go outside the area.

Is there a way of offering a discount for the days when they will be affected even though the status is showing as "currently hosting".

Thanks

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Ashley1354 when we have an issue similar to this (outside of our control but annoying/disruptive for the guest) we offer to arrange a cancellation with Airbnb. It may be too late for you to do this now I am afraid

Thanks for your reply. The family were able to find an alternative property and I refunded them. I had to do it through the call centre who were very prompt and helpful - it was too late to refund through the website.