airbnb suspended

Cari782
Level 2
Merrillville, IN

airbnb suspended

I am a super host and my property has been suspended with no notification or explanation given to me. i have been calling and inboxing for 4 days now with absolutely no response.  I’m at a loss in what to do? 

98 Replies 98

I am still on the phone with them. They read the same talking points. There are no answers being given to us.

Yes, you should read some of the text communications I had with them. I was really mad and really got frustrated with the same BS over and over.

Roxie12
Level 2
Panama City Beach, FL

Please help to get Trust team attention regarding my suspension with no explanation, updates, timelin

Marcus479
Level 2
Torrance, CA

Being suspended for no reason, Emilie can you please help? 

Same with me! They don’t care about hosts anymore! They figured they have enough of them! I am donr with them . Ludting using facebook sites, vrbo, tripAdvisor , and somr other companies . I am getting out of here! No one will disrespect me like this! I am bringing them money and they act as they do favor to me ! No way! 

Same issue here.  I went on my calendar to update it and it shows suspended.  I have all 5 star reviews, I always reply to guests.  I have no idea why.  I did chat and called and they couldn't tell me why.  They said they have a team working on it but couldn't give me any reason.  Super frustrating.  I think we should be able to know why.

Same. I am freaked out.

Dina704
Level 2
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

@Catherine-Powell Can you help me please? I have the exact same issue and can't reach anyone in airbnb, complaint number is 2020057722724

I will NEVER call ABNB about a problem again. They suspend your account and NEVER tell you that it has happened or why. They did un-suspend my account after a few days of my hourly calls. But no reason was ever given, and the "investigation" continued for WEEKS. In the end my guest was permanently removed from the platform over a misunderstanding and is not allowed to book on ABNB ever again after years of bookings and good reviews.. I was not able to talk to the "management" about that either. It is Kafkaesque. No transparency. The amount of money they take from bookings is not insignificant, and being a super host is meaningless in this context. I am so disappointed in the "process." The worst thing is that as a host the suspension "policies" are unknown, and there is no solution to problems that are handled in this manner. I don't have any useful info after the weeks long "investigation" that is helpful in dealing with the problem which in my case involved a confusion by my guest over their departure date. All I can offer is to communicate with guests before their checkout if they can check in and out themselves. ABNB never offered access to any policy that gives guidance for either hosts or guests regarding "community standards.". All the cheery messages from them are useless. It is terribly unsatisfactory.

Reach out to Catherine Powell @capow14 on twitter.  She is in charge of global hosting    I’m so sorry this happened to you… happened to me in June.  I never did find out what happened to my outrageous guest.  I’ve been told airbnb has many untrained personnel and they automatically suspend you.  I had an

open booking several weeks later which went  unrented.   Stick with Catherine she’ll help you! Airbnb actually reimbursed me for that lost revenue. 

Hi @Dina704,

Thank you for sharing this. I'm so sorry about the trouble you've been having. The team said they were in touch with you and your account has been reinstated. Please let me know if you need more support.

Many thanks,
Catherine

Dina704
Level 2
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Hi Catherine,

Thank you so much for your support, really appreciate it, yes the problem is solved now. Suddenly another support ambassador intervened and was very professional. She solved the issue overnight. I really think Airbnb should quickly implement escalation routes and empower call center agents more. Also they shouldn't suspend anyone's listing without prior notification and clear rationale. Only mentioning this to you incase you have access to internal teams and can share the feedback.

Thanks a lot for your help again! 

You helped me last year for similar situation Catherine! 

Also fyi had a guest break glass in front door in early Nov.  In 7 years I never had a problem like that and I’m a superhost I applied for air cover. 

your team took excellent care and completely resolved my issue with a payment to replace the door within 1 month.  

thank you for their training.   It’s paying off. 

Marilyn458
Level 2
McDonough, GA

Good Morning,

My listings have been suspended. I've call several time only to be informed that someone will be reaching out to me. I have yet to hear from the Case Manager. Can someone please let me know how and when my accounts will be back active! 

Hello

I am also superhost and my account also got suspended without clear explanation or answer.

I don’t know what to do. I can’t even defend myself as I don’t know what have I done wrongly.

No one is telling me or explaining what has happened