back in June I was directed onto OTHER people's inboxes!

back in June I was directed onto OTHER people's inboxes!

Back in June, when I received Airbnb messages from Hosts and I clicked "reply" I was directed...onto some inbox that I did not recognise: I was into somebody else'inbox!!

I tried again and I landed again onto that person. Next day I arrive at another person's inbox:I could read messages , absolutely everything.

So I wrote a message to Airbnb on the Facebook page and 1) got ignored so 2) I write to them again saying their customers' confidentiality is being breached -> an agent replies something vaguely, then I start to get a bit irritated so I ask them if I should put screenshots onto their public page and there a new agent contacts me and ...asks me to do a "clear cache" and clear my phone's cookies.

No need to say I am not impressed by the indifferent attitude of Airbnb to this problem. It just coincides with the pretence of customer care which I am "receiving at the moment"...

Anybody else experienced this?

2 Replies 2
Charles224
Level 10
Clare, Australia

@Cecile233 the suspicious thing here is your profile. Just sayin'.

Oh clever you!!

Aren't you the smart one here.

Please I hope you at least did a search of any previous conversations I started here. Maybe you saw that my account was deleted, cannot be accessed, that I had originally chosen 'temporary deactivation but then the emails said ' phone number remived' and 'account deleted' without me doing anything more?

I try to log in for days and I'm being asked info I already gave. The log in form becomes a sign in form. I'm Cecile+ whatever numbers they have me, I don't know where this is coming from.

Honestly I'm done with all this. My previous host harassed me to book her two months outside Airbnb, I sent the screenshots of her texts to Airbnb, what did they do? Nothing!! That stay was a nightmare and I'm glad I left...now the whole Airbnb world can go to hell, I'm done with it, they can have customers inboxes mixed up, I m  done here.