booking cancelled by airbnb

Benedictus0
Level 2
Bali, Indonesia

booking cancelled by airbnb

Dear hosting friends,

I have booking cancelled by airbnb and they took out my payout.

I ask for reason and the support team said that airbnb getting charge back from the guest bank hence the system cancel the booking.

I need you people idea, is true and fair airbnb working with low responsibility? their job is collecting  payment from us therefore airbnb getting fee from the guests and the hosts in every transaction.

Secondly is it true in the big country such USA there is system from the bank called charge back after releasing payment?

For your info, from the date of the booking till the booking cancelled by airbnb is about 2 months.

For your information my guest has been around not just recently. the guest has 10 reviews from previous hosts and all full stars.

my guest is also a host herself and presently hosting 2 properties in chicago, usa and i just checked that she still able to accept booking via airbnb, so she is a good society?

Looking for comments and helps how to earn my right back.

My superhost support team only able to say nothing they can do since the cancellation made by high rank people in airbnb ?

I did sent message to Catherine Powell too.

thanks and regards,

Benedictus Agusputranto

6 Replies 6
Enri1804
Level 10
Yulee, FL

Hi @Benedictus0 , sorry about this. I have wondered if chargebacks happen to hosts and I guess you confirmed that they do. It’s unfortunate. I wish I could help but Yes Chargebacks are a real thing in the US. I’ve only see them occur when for instance a store charges your credit card for something you didn’t order or receive. It is supposed to be a protective measure because credit cards get stolen here too often. Your guest must’ve disputed the AirBnB charge on their credit card with their bank. It is my understanding that AirBnB is supposed to abide by the hosts cancellation policy and not take your payout unless by your cancellation policy they were supposed to refund it to the guest. I would reach out to your guest and ask them. You never know, they may have had to cancel that particular credit card due to it being stolen.

Hi Enril..

The cancellation is done by airbnb straight away and airbnb keep saying this is to protect me and not disclossing why there is charge back.

the support keep saying it is a fair treatment..

please see the attachment from support message..

thanks and regards,

Ben

**[Private conversation removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

sorry my attachments were erased , what am trying to say is that support teams keep saying for my best interest that they cancel my booking but they do not want to disclose to me the main reason other that they said airbnb has charged back from the bank. so i don't think because stolen card.

could you suggest any body in the airbnb that i could reach..? other than support team..such a quality control if in production company ? or do you know about Catherine Powell..?

Annie1372
Level 10
Montreal, Canada

@Enri1804  & @Benedictus0 

i am si surprise with this situation.

It gives the feeling that AirBNB does not take any risk into that situation. 99% of the burden seams to be held by the hosts.

Your case and many other situation read here on the CC over the last few months are really unacceptable from any company.

But it seams that big company like the GAFAM (should we Say GAFAMA to include AirBNB) can do what they want with us.

they are making millions of dollar on our back but it still always us that  pays at the end 😞

Annie

exactly what i feel ..we pay some amount for the booking, airbnb collect the money but do not have responsibility to look after a fair interest for both side the parties.

could you suggest any body in the airbnb that i could reach..? other than support team..such a quality control if in production company ? or do you know about Catherine Powell..?