does airbnb customer service ever respond?

Tisha34
Level 2
Boston, MA

does airbnb customer service ever respond?

i called - but reached no one, emailed - havent heard back, facebook message - no response, what other ways can i try?

10 Replies 10
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Is it a real emergency, @Tisha34 ? If you just need advice, this is the place to ask. But if you really need Airbnb, you could try Twitter. Tweet to AirbnbHelp.

They are swamped right now. Not surprised no one can answer. 

@Lawrene0 thank you, yes i would say so, heres what happened (perhaps you could help me out) my flight got cancelled and our event got cancelled, our initial booking: Mar 28, 2020 to Fri, Apr 3, 2020 (booked it on march 12th and paid lots for this), under their extenuating policy that just got announced we should be qualified for a full refund. let me know your thoughts and thanks again

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

That one sounds easy to handle on your own, @Tisha34 . You won't have to wait on hold for hours. 

Just cancel. Your check-in is between Mar 14 and Apr 14, and you booked before Mar 14, so the system should generate a full refund. 

You will probably get some prompts. My guest who was supposed to come tomorrow hit the cancel button, and the system prompted her to go through some steps to be fully refunded. She was nice enough to add an explanation to the system-generated message that said "I have cancelled due to the incident affecting [my town name]." I really appreciated her personal note.

Unless you chose that "nonrefundable" lower price that some listings offer when you booked, you should be good. Will you write to say how it goes?

Tisha34
Level 2
Boston, MA

thank you 

@Lawrene0  thank you however the thing is that we cancelled just 2 days before the notice came out and we only received a 10% refund! i am writing to their facebook as we speak, we paid like $1k 😞

Tisha34_1-1584581335223.png

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

I can tell you there's a big wait on phone lines  but they do get there eventually. Went through it yesterday, took several hours. Absolutely swamped with callers. I had to ring as it was a reservation that day, however since you are not urgent, maybe email channel will get response in a few days. I think they are beside themselves with work. Hang in there.

@Sandra126 thank you so so much, if you don't mind me asking what number did you call and what prompts did you use? i called 1 (855) 424-7262 and got straight to voicemail or even got hung up a few times 😞 

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

02 85203333, Australian prefix. Will be expensive from America, hours on line. 

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

I used the Australian number, you will have a different one. I was disconnected twice when I pressed 1 for corona. The third time I pressed 3 for other problem, and wasn't disconnected. I would have hung up long before if it wasn't urgent.

@Sandra126 i will try that AUS number - on the other hand, I actually got a long response from them last night - seems like they are working on solving the issue, thank you!!