how do I escalate my claim above a “non-support ambassador”?

Sarah3694
Level 1
Ocho Rios, Jamaica

I have been begging air bnb for support with a nightmare situation. We are going on nearly two weeks without any resolution. I have been assigned three different support ambassadors who have all promised to call me back and ignored me. There was one call back, but I happened to be busy and could not get to the phone. I call everyday with no resolve. I cannot sit and stare at my phone hoping to get a call someday. They keep switching my support ambassador and each one continues to ignore me and not resolve my issue. 

15 Replies 15
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Sarah3694 

It seems to be the typical behaviour of the current Airbnb CS, which can be read in this community frequently. Just continue to try making contact.

For general questions or advice about your "nightmare situaton" maybe the community can help.

Yes exactly. That’s why I am escalating it to the community since the regular customer service is so bad right now. Just a heads up that air bnb will not be providing any support for your situation, so Buyer beware.

If there are any suggestions for a solution for me, I am desperate to hear it. 

Thanks. 

I am having the same problem..I have had 2 tenants pay me back for damage and Airbnb is sitting on the the funds and not releasing them to me.  I believe this is illegal so I have asked where I can sent legal documents and they could not answer even that question. Their customer service sucks!

Did this get resolved? If so, what was the secret to getting in touch with someone who could actually assist?

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Sarah3694 

I'm sorry you had this experience. As this is an online community for hosts, we are pretty limited to what we can and can't do, but having said that, I will drop an internal note to the team and will send you a DM when I have a reply from them.

Thank you,
Nick

Nick can you help me?? I have contact airbnb several times and they tell me someone is working on my case then I get an e mail that the case it closed!! It is maddening.  I have 2 tenants that have sent airbnb $ for damage and airbnb is not paying me out for it.  They are sitting on my funds!!! This is the same as stealing!

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Cynthia861 

Just a quick note to let you know that I've passed your feedback over and given Support a nudge to see if that speeds things up.  

Hope they get back to you soon!

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

thank you !! 

JENNY, CAN YOU HELP WITH THIS?? THEY ARE SITTING ON THE $ MY TENANTS HAVE PAID AIR BNB. THERE IS NO REASON WHAY THE $ WAS NOT PUT INTO MY ACCOUNT SO I CAN PAY FOR THE DAMAGES. THIS SO CALLED AMBASSADOR WILL TELL ME SHE IS GOING TO CALL ME AND NEVER DOES. AND I GET MESSAGES LIKE THIS, THEN IT WILL SAY CASE CLOSED! IT IS TOTALLY MADDENING...I HAVE A VRBO ACCOUNT AND I AM GOING TO SHUT THIS ONE DOWN AFTER THIS IS RESOLVED BECAUSE I DO NOT HAVE THESE ISSUES WITH THEM. THE TENANTS BUT PROPERTY PROTECTION AND IT IS VERY EASY TO FILE A CLAIM AND TO GET PAID BACK...IF YOU CAN HELP GET THE MONEY TO ME THAT AIRNBN HAS STOLEN, I WOULD APPRECIATE IT. THANKS!

**[Private conversation removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Cynthia861

I'm so sorry that this hasn't been sorted out yet.

I've escalated the matter again and I'll get back to you once I've got an update.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Thank you. Yes I have been waiting since October for the 1 st one. Anything you can do I would appreciate!

Jessica2221
Level 1
June Lake, CA

I am in a similar situation. Have been waiting for a support ambassador. Been given the corporate run around by AirBNB for days meanwhile my listing is suspended for a declared security camera. I’m at a loss that Airbnb can take away my Income and not even contact me. Thanks for help anyone.

Lilian891
Level 2
Rosarito, Mexico

Similar issue.

Really bad customer service.

Incident since December 2020, now April 2021, and no final resolution. They are going around and around without no actual action taken in the matter.

Lilian891
Level 2
Rosarito, Mexico

Forgot to mention, they have switched me three different ambassadors, and is like starting again.