How do I see the reviews of a potential guest?

Answered!
Karin56
Level 2
Seattle, WA

How do I see the reviews of a potential guest?

Someone is asking about my space. It says Airbnb since 2015. How do I see reviews of this potential guest?

1 Best Answer
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

Please note that this content has been archived.

You can still access this topic if if you have the link but it won't appear when you search on the Community Center.

To ask a new question just click below:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks,

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

View Best Answer in original post

30 Replies 30

do you look at reviews before renting?

I'm brand new, I don't seem able to find it.

Annette33
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

click on the picture of that person, the profile should come up, hopefully with a brief write up, the list of verifications, and their reviews. If there are none, it either means they have not been a guest or host before, or nobody has given them a review. It doesn't necessarily mean anything "bad", but if I had guests  that were forgettable, neither bad nor really good/fun, I tend not to give a review - unless they write one for me, then I return the favor.

Yes, I always try to find out as much as I can from a potential guest. As we don't get the last name until the booking is completed, yiu can't google them . The obvious way to find out more it to engage them, briefly, in a conversation back and forth, like, "so where else have you traveled on Airbnb before",  just friendly chatter. their response time and overall tone will tell you a lot! My husband is always amazed how I tell him before a guest arrives, this one is fun, this one will be slightly difficult, etc.. and so far I have always been right on the money....

thank you! It's a bit of a learning curve on the website. Do you use the required review and verified booking option? I just found that.

I think all of that is a sort of a fluffy exercise in making hosts feel more comfortable, doesn't carr y much substance in my opinion.  As long as you have the number of guests limited, you do 2 just like we do, and they are staying in a separate space, you are pre-empting a lot of potential problems. So i think you're good to go! 🙂 One other thing that I do is that I limit the max. stay to 4 days, that way, a difficult person will leave soon, I can check on the place after a few days, no major surprises or "nesting" looming... Good luck and happy hosting to you! 

Nope nothing happens when I click on the picture 

Maggie10
Level 3
England, United Kingdom

I would like to know a bit more about potential guests especially previous reviews - I am finding it difficult to access this kind of info

@Maggie10  That could be because your guests are new and have no reviews from other hosts yet.  A large majority of the Airbnb population are new - we all were at one point.  Make sure to ask your guests as many questions as necessary until you're comfortable accepting the reservation. 

Our favorite response to newbies with few verifications are:  "Hi [Guest] - it looks like you may be new to Airbnb and haven't finished completing the verification process on your profile.  We do require all guests be fully verified by Airbnb, including uploading a valid ID.  While you're doing that, maybe you can tell us a little more about your trip to our area?  Will you be traveling with anyone?  Is there an event or sight you are here to see?"

I've only been hosting for a short time...the only item verified on my potential guest's profile is the phone number.  There's much more to it, right?

Thanks!

yes. there are email and most importantly ID card

Me too.  I have been doing this for three years now and suddenly I can't find any reviews for potential guests. One woman has been a member since March of 2016.  Not one review. I have wasted several hours with the "help" desk.  They still think I want to find reviews about MYSELF!  Very frustrating.   I guess I won't book any body until it is fixed.

Hi Jeanne,

They may have become members in 2016 but that doesn't necessarily mean they have traveled with airbnb. Therefore this would explain the lack of any reveiws from there hosts. It has happened to me  occasionnally. 

Anna2445
Level 1
Saint Athan, United Kingdom

Hi Jeanne. I'm a new host and hoping you can help as I can't seem to get any answers from air bnb. Is it true you cannot see a potential guest's past reviews before they book? I've had a few potential guest's book but they all joined up years ago and seem to have no reviews? Many thanks, Anna 

Donna320
Level 2
Mount Barker, Australia

Hi Jeanne, me too, I have been hosting for 4 years now and have no idea how to read a potential guests reviews in case it's a bad one. When I ask Airbnb it comes back how to put my review in about guests stay but I already know that, I just want to know how to read a potential 

guests review because it helps to block out the bad ones.

I live in Australia.

Cheers

Donna