how to accept late check-ins after check-in window?

how to accept late check-ins after check-in window?

Can anyone share how they allow for these late minute check-in exceptions? 

I have instant booking. My check-in window is 5p-7p and check-out 11a. This allows me some breathing room for cleaning between turnovers. However, I've been getting guests "inquiries" because ABB won't allow the reservation to be booked. I've spent hours with ABB CS, but their staff is untrained, and nobody on the staff knows how to read (horrendous). 

I want to allow for the late check-in if available, but the ABB platform doesn't seem to allow it "calendar is not possible."

2 Replies 2
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

hello @Pat7985 
You can usually adjust your Clock check in time after your close off time has passed for the day.

I had a play around recently on that function so you may like to do the same.

That trick may help.

Let us know how you get on.

It's great you are receiving inquires, however be mindful to ask all  questions before opening up your close off hours.

All the best

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

Your check in window is pretty small. I generally allow people to check in any time before midnight but I have had people who kept me up all night waiting for them, hourly messages (we are going to be a little late) only to have them finally show up at 9 the next morning grumbling about paying for an extra day.

I did NOT offer a refund but I let them check out late because we didn’t have another booking.

A polite reminder that you are not operating a hotel would be in order. It all comes down to how much inconsiderate behavior you can tolerate.