"An Unexpected Error has occurred" -> Exception ID: 37FF74E2

Pamela835
Level 1
Newport, RI

"An Unexpected Error has occurred" -> Exception ID: 37FF74E2

Hello Nick,

"An Unexpected Error has occurred.

Your request failed. Please contact your system administrator and provide the date and time you received the error and this Exception ID: 37FF74E2."

I'm a Super Host & I've been with AirBNB for 9 years.

This is a message I received a few minutes ago (June 30, 5:00pm). For the last few days I haven't been able to receive or send any messages

from/to any guests or even CS people. I can't respond to "inquiries" or anything mailed to me !!

PLEASE HELP!

My name never used to have a number after it. Now there's the #835. Is this my "user name" -> Pamela835 ??

9 Replies 9
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Pamela835  I have no idea what that message is. Maybe you'll have to contact Airbnb through their Twitter account to find out what's going on.

The number after your name here has nothing to do with your hosting account. It's just an identifier on this discussion forum which allows you to be tagged if someone answers you. It doesn't mean anything. You are probably the 835th Pamela who has ever posted on this forum, that's all.

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Pamela835 I just love it when computers tell you to contact your system administrator. My system administrator (me) is totally clueless with regards to computers BUT I do know that switching them off and on again sometimes helps as does clearing the history, caches etc. The only downside of the latter is that saved passwords are sometimes lost but its a small price to pay if it allows you to send messages again.

@Mike-And-Jane0  I clear my cache on a daily basis and I've never had my saved passwords disappear.

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Sarah977 Maybe its when you delete cookies then. I did say I have no idea what I am talking about where it comes to computers.

@Mike-And-Jane0 I'm no techie either, I can assure you. I think I delete the cookies everyday, too. I have a clean-up program that's really easy to use. What you have to do is save the passwords to your computer, not on the sites you use, I think. 

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

@Pamela835 

Nobody here supports browser or accessibility issues, although your problem seems to be a server side error.

@Nick  can sort that for you as you requested. You need to type ‘@‘ before slowly typing the name to select the addressee .

If it’s any consolation, this forum regularly has error problems too. In posting this reply I had this error:

An Unexpected Error has occurred.

•  
  • Your request failed. Please contact your system administrator and provide the date and time you received the error and this Exception ID: 37FF74E2.Click your browser's Back button to continue.

Oh look!! Same problem!

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Pamela835,

I'm sorry you're going through that.

In order for me to let the tech team know, I need to know more: where and when exactly are you getting that error message? 

In regards to your Community username, no need to worry. Every member gets a number apart from the management team. 

Thanks,

Liv

Bruce489
Level 2
Rockport, ME

Why do you keep blocking my account then saying it was your error? and it has not been corrected

Bruce489
Level 2
Rockport, ME

Exception ID: 37FF74E2.  what is this problem is it the owner ID let me know and I will resubmit it but..

I have to get this fixed. NOW