Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

request for blocked dates

Answered!
Jane1124
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

request for blocked dates

I've had a request come in for dates that are blocked out in my calendar. The price quoted on the request on the calendar was £0.00. The request was in dotted lines. 

Can AirBnB send requests anyway, even if I have blocked the dates?

Top Answer

@Jane1124  Sounds like a glitch, then. I've been reading about other booking glitches lately, too. Like guests being able to IB when they don't meet the IB requirements the host has set.

9 Replies 9
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Jane1124

Guests can not select blocked dates to sent a booking request.

Maybe it is a glitch.

"he request was in dotted lines": not sure what you mean, can you provide a screenshot ?

Jane1124
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Jane1124_0-1648491146559.png

This is the screenshot

Jane

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Jane1124 

The request is declined by you, then it is set to zero.

It should disappear from the calender after a while

Jane1124
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Ok,  but why was the guest allowed to request those dates? The dates were blocked. 

@Jane1124  up until now they couldn't but Airbnb changes something every day so who knows?

@Jane1124  It's the screenshot of the request that would be useful to see. That screenshot is too faint and fuzzy for me to see.

Were the dates the guest requested actually the dates that he input, or did he just ask if those dates were available in his message?

Jane1124
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

yes, he had inputted the dates

@Jane1124  Sounds like a glitch, then. I've been reading about other booking glitches lately, too. Like guests being able to IB when they don't meet the IB requirements the host has set.

Tina501
Level 2
Harpenden, United Kingdom

I had near 5 of these over the past 2 weeks. Airbnb  blocks the dates requested for 22hours whilst someone finish she’s their profile, uploading ID and payment. I had a same day booking request and he was on the way , but had not paid and I still could not cancel myself.

I asked Airbnb and they give this time to guests. It’s been so many lately, I think it’s scammers and they block others from booking. I even asked Airbnb why they auto block my diary when my settings state, that I don’t accept guests with “no reviews”. They still haven’t bothered to answer